A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: All new and updated.... What you think?

Senior member? I'm 14!

All new and updated.... What you think?

Allright here is my second layout tryout thing:

http://www.geocities.com/phasedesign.../topframe.html

I'm happy with it but I wanna know if you are. I tried fixing the previous problems. I hope your happy

Please comment on:

-layout
    -colors
    -gaphics
    -and your 2 cents

(by the way no html was done yet so please don't comment on the centering it or anything) thanks...

i like it. i think it looks pretty cool

a couple suggestions-
    first off, the green up top looks kinda out of place, maybe add green in other places too or change the top green to a diff. color

also, i think the buttons would look cool if the color change faded in on mouseover... not a long fade just a real short one, i think would look better then them just changing.

anyways, it looks really good so far.

Looks good.

I get two scripting errors on startup (Win 200 on PC).
    The debugger sayes: Syntax error!

Else I find it somehow "contrast less". Also try to use other fonts for buttons etc. This seems to fit not that perfectly into the entire design.

!j
    Last edited by xjason; 10-02-2002 at 12:04 AM.

You have a good start to your site. I am guessing that the other sections of the site are not functional yet and that is why I can't get to them.

Two ideas for the site:
    1. Find a way to tie in all of the elements of the site. For example bring the header, navigation, and content all together. Right now each of them looks separated and not apart of the whole site. How you do that is up to you or you might disagree with me that's ok.

2. The color design is very dark, and I know that it applies for the look that you want to get for the "Fallout Zone" but I think if you add some contrasting, brighter color elements it would make the site stand out more. Also check your colors in the header and behind your interface because they are two different shades of orange.

On more idea, (just an idea) scrap the whole gray tech interface, it has been done, and done, and done, and a few more times done. Why not go with a freaked out grunge look, I would think that you could pull it off for the site.

JAyzEE
    Looks GOOOOOOOD

Senior member? I'm 14!

THANKS!

I finally get some good reviews I will take all these ideas into mind. I will dull down and/or change the header image to make it fit more appropriatly.

Also I like the idea about the orange grung type look. I have been experimenting with that part of the site mostly. So, do you have an example I could look at to see exactly what you mean...? Thanks

Just off of the top of my head you can look at:

http://www.tubapower.com/stevehess/

There all a lot of other examples that you can find.

Senior member? I'm 14!

hmm...

I think I may try something of a mixture of the both. I don't want all of the tech look to go away but I do like the grunge effect. I'll get back to you with the latest updates. In the mean time I would appeciate any more opinions, thanks..