A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Yay! New board, and I finally made something worthwhile! (kinda)

Human Being

Yay! New board, and I finally made something worthwhile! (kinda)

Ooh... new board... very spiffy... But you can see fewer posts on the indexes... and it looks a bit full of bells and whistles and whatnot...

Oh, yeah, I'll be the first to admit that since my joining the FK board, and visiting the Art & Anime section often, I have not contributed anything 'art' or 'anime' in the least. In fact, my site has been blank at least as long. And...... it still is. I'm trying to make some flash movie things with friends, but they aren't as "involved" in the projects as I am... And the fact that I can't draw, and they can sort of adds to the problem.

But I did finally finish an animation that says everything I just said here! Except it moves... and stuff. Go check it out, and viciously critique it here, if you could!

The file is a little small, and on faster connections, you won't be able to read the pre-loader info. The movie doesn't make as much sense without it, and I neglected to put in a play button (so it plays as soon as it loads) so here's the prologue:

Party2000 is a site that makes shockwave flash anime movies, or at least would if the members could ever get along. Tim is the leader of the group, and will be along in a few minutes to tell you how things are going with the plans for their current movie projects.

http://party2thousand.cjb.net
    -GSM (Tim)

lol, back to game making....
    it wasn't.... that.... bad

more more more
    oh and nice voice acting skills
    nah seriously thumbs up

Human Being
    Hey, that's my voice there. I'm not trying to hide behind curtains of misrepresentation or anything. Just keeping it real.

Seriously, I don't like my art style. And every effort to change it results in the same less-than-perfect stuff, like this. That's why I don't do the actual lineart, and my friends who have much better talent would draw single drawings, and I would make them move, add sounds, music, etc. That's what we all agreed to when we started this thing...

But things are looking kinda dim right now. Due to time constraints, my artistic friends never have time to draw. I may be able to make stuff move, but I can't make the source stuff. I am trying a solo series right now, but drawing charachters from different angles is (one of many of) my weak point(s). Still, I keep drawing everyday...

Who am I kidding?
    -GSM (Tim)

Planet Claire Embassator herr_dada's Avatar
    LOL, very nice and witty!
    I'm so fashion, everytime I fart, Prada releases a new fragance!

hey I thought it was cool! but I think you did the hands backwards... that or I'm really sleepy, lol! but I think it's cool... like a cute twist on anime. sweet, I say!

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    the popup didnt load for me
    Tutorials, Shaders, School listings and more for XSI users

-warping young flash minds is my idea of a good time-

Human Being

oops!

Sorry Exiled Archangel, didn't mean to exile you there!

I should have tested the popup on different browsers, still need to reinstall netscape. If the popup doesn't work, just click here.
    -GSM (Tim)

Human Being
    Eh... looks like my thread drowned... All because of that stupid popup that wouldn't work... Grrr!
    -GSM (Tim)