A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading a movie inside of a movie

y helo thar

Loading a movie inside of a movie

Hey, i was wondering how you load another movie while one is still playing ad on top of that in a certain spot! Can anyone help? thanks - EnSanity

this sounds like my problem, and noone has answered it yet either?!
    "O"

Banned
    You'd load it the exact same way, you'd load any movie in whatever circomstances. You can be loading a movie in the background of any other movie already playing when using the loadMovie or loadMovieNum actions... But depending on the complexity of the playing movie, your connection speed and the size of the "to be loaded" movie, playback or loading can work against each other, and the "to be loaded" movie may not have enough time to download and be ready to play when your first movie ends... Only testing all of this on a slow connnection will determine that! Hope you've kept your old 56k dial-up!

you dont need a 56k modem to test this! you can use the the show streaming feature in flash

Banned
    If you say so!

Banned
    Show Streaming is a simulation and no where based on an actual 56k dial-up performance. Furthermore, on numerous occasions, I was lead to believe my preloaders were working (that is, displaying properly when using components or linkage on the first frame) on my cable connection, while they actually weren't when checked on my 56k dial-up. If you want to base your testing solely on Show Streaming, it's fine with me. I'm just saying that you shouldn't if you want it to be fairly accurate.

I'm not sure about this but maybe in the html of the page of the movie you can set a delay?
    OMP

Everytime people agree with me, I know I must be wrong - O.W.

yes i agree 56k modems never recieve that fast but, there are presets that you can change to make it more realistic