A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound is a big challenge when loading to other movie!!!

maybe its a movie clip problem????

if it's an imported MC then there could be an incompatibility problem with the imported file in Flash.

Just a thought...

huh? StoneCom,Can you tell me more? I never hear about it

Lightbulb Ok....here's what I'm thinking....

I'm just thinking that if this MC was from a MC file you used in Flash 4...that flash 5 may have an incompatibility problem. I see it all the time...geez look at windows....a new version comes out and now the old programs and drivers need to be updated cause of incompatibility issues...I don't think Flash 5 is any different in this respect.

If I were you, I'd create a new MC and New File to test this out and make sure it's the MC or not. This is where I would start.

But like I said earlier...I'm a newbie at Flash....however I know many other programs and have seen things like this happen with other programs I've used and stuff like this happens occassionally when newer versions become available.

Hope this helps....cause this is just a shot in that dark comming from the flash newbie.

np, they are all in F5

it must be your scripting

Hey, just joined the flashkit site, so I COULDN'T have answered sooner. It sounds like what you have is a problem of using appropriate scope in your code.

I need to understand a few things first though... the coding DOES work when you load it into level 0? Perfectly fine?

And it DOES NOT work when you load it into level 1? And the level loading is the ONLY change?

If this is the case then what you have SHOULD be a problem of scope. If this variable or code or ANYTHING is effected or altered or reading any info from the level 0 movie... then it either NEEDS to be on level 0... or, if on level 1 needs to tell the code where to get this info i.e. it NEEDS to reference level 0. Does that make sense. Its sort of like writting code on the main movie that needs to pull a variable out of a movie clip... you have to write the path into the movie clip because the scope of the variable is ONLY the movie clip that it is within.... it's the same for movie levels. You must reference level 0 if it's pulling ANY info from there, or sending any to there.

If this is not it then let me know and we can move on to another lookie... but this SEEMS like the obvious problem based on what you've said (also, if I'm unclear in the above statement, let me know to elaborate).

GOod Luck.

Coffee Cat

which statement above you want to clarify?

I am pretty sure that the path of the MC is right
    and ,yes, when loading in Level 0,everthing work as I desired

The weird thing is that only sound not work when all another things work normally!(I find that there is another flash kitter suffering from the same problem)

then,I change the path of everything in the movie and load it in a MC.I experience the same problemas loading in level 1 !And till now I dun have any idea on solving this.thx for your help!

I would be glad to send the fla to you if it's needed!

[Edited by djboy on 10-17-2000 at 10:21 AM]

if you want you can send the fla to my email at ecdancey@yahoo.com.... and I will try to take a look at it. The key here to remember is that the scope from MC to the main time line is important.... but so is from level 1 to level 0. Thats why I THINK it's working when loaded into level 0.... it can then "see" the variable because the scope from MC to main time line now hits the variable... but when it's loaded into level 1... the scope doesn't work, cause you're probably reaching from MC to main time line, but not from main time line of level 1 down to main time line of level 0. It also could be a flash4/flash5 incompatibilty problem... although, if it's working in level0 but not in level1 it's just GOT to be the scope (which can be quite tricky to deal with... so even if it look logical to you, sometimes it just doesn't work in that way..... redimensioning variables has caused me some major headaches to solve... and the solution looks just as plausible as some of the failed attempts).... the good news is that the code itself IS working.... that narrows it down alot.