A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you having login issues?

YeaH!!! Mikhail you're a genius.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks to jstarkey too, who tried to help us as good as he could by posting all these threads.

VIVA Flashkit.

How do I delete the other account now?

To me, it sounds like it could very probably be a bug in VBulletin 2.2.8, as when I used to use Flashkit's boards before the upgrade, I never had these kind of problems, and I'm using the same computers and settings that I was before (except for the auto-login cookie, which I had to turn on to get in today).

Today, because I had so many problems logging in with my old username, I registered a new handle. It's taken me over an hour to get in to this point, but thanks to an e-mail from jstarkey, I finally found the info in this thread and used the auto-login cookie setting to get in.

However I really don't feel secure using this site with the auto-login cookie enabled, because a lot of the time I'm using a public comp to come here. If anyone knows or finds a way around using that, please post it up here if you can.

Also, I'd encourage the webmaster to report it as a VBulletin bug. I've registered and used dozens of other forum sites in the last five years or more, and have never had to use an auto-login cookie to get access before today.

Just for reference, here's the label for the setting I'm talking about.
    Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)

I agree and would like to know how to use the forums without the autologin feature.

Mikhail

can you fix my account too?

mikeink@email.com
    ty...

Originally posted by MikeInkJunior
    can you fix my account too?

mikeink@email.com
    ty...
    I sent you an email...but it came back with an error

Civilian
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=381561

An extension of this thread. Didn't want to merge them.

Hello,
    Is there any way for me to undo or delete my other account (Manojo_New)?
    Or do I just have to click :"unsubscribe from all threads" to stop receiving mail on that account?

Mr mmarkin,

please help - I too suffer from the inability to log into FK - experiencing extreme withdrawls at the moment, how do I solve this?

I'm assuming you need my email address:

siddarthbhatia@hotmail.com

your help would be much appreciated
    thanks in advance.

S.

mmarkin - thank you very much for giving me my FK back! have desperately needed my forum fix this past week and I've finally got it! LOL

My pleasure.

Mikhail Markin

mmarkin, you have got my eternal gratefulness for fixing my account!

Originally posted by sofiebel
    mmarkin, you have got my eternal gratefulness for fixing my account!
    Any time...

Mikhail

Working (extended) Mmarkin solution ;)

I've used linux text-only browser "links". It allowed me to get to the usercp and turn on the autologin feature... Then logged in via IE. Previous solutions(deleting cookies, using other browser NS6+) didn't help... bleeeee... btw. VBulletin is commercial? - MAKE THEM FIX IT!

regards,
    StarLight
    Burn the past behind us
    and conquer the future!

Re: Working (extended) Mmarkin solution ;)

Originally posted by StarLight{PL}
    MAKE THEM FIX IT!
    I totally agree!

Mikhail

I've checked the VBulletin boards too and apparently some other forums have the exact same problem. Yet at VBulletin there's hardly any reaction. No one their wants to admit it is their problem let alone take some action and do something about it. I don't really mind that my autologin is set to yes. I use flashkit at home or work and I have my own pc in both places, but why have the option if you can't use it?

That's the problem :(

I've also checked out their forums, following a link given by JStarkey, and there are more than a few complaints. Does the License Agreement include support for the product?
    It is clear that this IS NOT a "corrupted cookies" or "too high privacy" problem. That damn bug is a cross-browser, cross-platform screaming annoyance. It's obvious that did make a mistake, but why aren't they willing to fix it? Maybe they are unable to reproduce the problem... Anyway they should at least try to solve it, as it affects more and more websites running vbulletin. PERIOD.
    Burn the past behind us
    and conquer the future!

Civilian

Re: That's the problem :(

Originally posted by StarLight{PL}
    Anyway they should at least try to solve it, as it affects more and more websites running vbulletin. PERIOD.
    I rec'd an email from John Percival, vB Project Manager. They're looking into it and they have this thread as reference.

Re: Re: That's the problem :(

Originally posted by jstarkey
    I rec'd an email from John Percival, vB Project Manager. They're looking into it and they have this thread as reference.
    Really glad to hear it. Could You look @ http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=382939
    regarding myfk save feature? It could help some people in situations like this one (I mean when they can't log in )

regards,
    StarLight{PL}
    Burn the past behind us
    and conquer the future!

hummm...

well, I tried all the stuff suggested.. I just can't even log in to change anything, or post etc.. I had to open up this account to ask for help even. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Dewman

As explained before, send your login and pasword to mmarkin, and he'll fix it for you. When you login afterwards, you simply change your password.

Now that I come to think of it, anyone who's able to login with his regular username and password (like me now) can fix another one's account, no? I'm a bit confused, but that's probably because it's early morning for me...