A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some please help me

Some please help me

I been messing around with flash for a while now and i started to make stcik figure characters to move and such. The problem is i find it way to much to have to bend the elbow or move the leg every time i want him to move. could somone leave me an idea of how to do this much faster. thanks

_Xericet_
    How hard can it be?

Well that's the thing about animation - It's long and tedious at times. Ofcourse the end result can be worth it.

There's a few things you can do to speed up the process. Ofcourse nothing will look as good as drawing each part frame by frame. Still, try reading this. It may be of interest to you.

When I took my first animation 101 class, the initial assignment was to trace the same image 500 times by the next class.

My professor made it very clear that this was a lesson to show us how tedious animation can really be, and give anyone who wasn't interested in putting in the work a chance to drop the class.

The quality of your animation will be reflected in the amount of work you want to put into it.

Animation 101? Wow, I would love it if my school (BU) offered a course like that. Where'd you take that class CNO (if you don't mind me asking)?
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFDDBB"]http://www.caseypeicott.com/3dpugfooter.swf[/swf]

FK's Official A&A Addict
    i think actionscript can help in some ways (afterall it is a stickman)

and yes animation is tedious i learned that years ago.... that's why the really good animations arn't series their movies u don't want to go trough the whole process every week now do you :P

Originally posted by KingJoe
    Animation 101? Wow, I would love it if my school (BU) offered a course like that. Where'd you take that class CNO (if you don't mind me asking)?
    I went to college at Pratt Institute here in Brooklyn. That class was taught by Jim Trainer while I was there.