A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Remoting MX

Flash Remoting MX

Hi

I see this forum is for Communication MX but I tought I would ask anyway. Is there anyone on this forum who is using Flash Remoting MX? If you are, can you say how you are using it? I've been to Macromedias website but I really didn't read anywhere that they had some practicle applications. Is Communication MX a better product?

Ok thanks for any replys

psx = new Moderator();
    I played around with remoting when it first came out, but haven't touched it in a while. One cool thing about flashcom is that it can connect to a remoting server the same ways as a flash client.

So I wouldn't say one is better than the other because they each do different things. The flashcom server and remoting are meant to work together and compliment eachother.

Psx

So

If I purchase Communication Server, I'm not going to get burned and find out I have to have Remoting to do something like a live video chat with audio or someother real-time application?

psx = new Moderator();
    Nope! You can do audio/video chat with flashcom! That's what it's made for. The only place you'll need remoting is if you want to bring in data from a database or other data source. Like if you wanted to have the video chat and at the same time consume some web-service, you'd need remoting as well.

Psx