A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Time limit...

Time limit...

How can you increase the time limit on a flash movie? The highest it goes is 120 seconds, is there some sort of way or trick to get past this limit?

Re: Time limit...

Originally posted by Wheeljack
    How can you increase the time limit on a flash movie? The highest it goes is 120 seconds, is there some sort of way or trick to get past this limit?
    Can't imagine many reason's you'd want to but here goes.

At the end of the moive load another movie clip

If you must have it all in one:
    Child movies have thier own time line so do everything in a child and when one is at the end go to the next child

if i understand your q. right,
    you may be able to type in the amount of seconds
    that you want.
    i don't think it is limited to the 120 seconds

the new board rox

Thanks Blanius, the reason being is, I like making flash intros to sites and such. So usually, it takes more then just 120 seconds :P .

Length in general.

Originally posted by Wheeljack
    Thanks Blanius, the reason being is, I like making flash intros to sites and such. So usually, it takes more then just 120 seconds :P .
    Really? 120sec intro is LONG! but if you work it out your intro can last Much Longer than that.

Like I said I'd look at breaking it down into child movies, each of these has it's own timeline. Then string them together on the main timeline.

I don't think I've ever seen a 2 minute long intro, at least not one I'd site through. On an Artistic argument I personally believe that short and to the point is better. It can be dan hard to keep a viewers attention for 120 secs. A TV commercial is 28.5-58.5 seconds long and the well done ones tell entire stories in that amount of time. Not to mention in general Internet viewers have even shorter attention spans than the average TV viewer.

I know zoranvedek is working on a longer narative piece that will be MUCH longer than this but that's more like a movie than a commercial.

Oh and I checked and Leb seems to be correct. If you just type in the number rather than using the slider you can make MUCH longer
    Last edited by blanius; 10-09-2002 at 09:02 AM.

Well its more a memorial tribute thing, long story.

Anyways, I think I tried typing the time limit in, but it still read it as 120 seconds I "believe". I'll test it out. Worse comes to worse, I'll use child movies :P .

hey

waz up wheeljack are you good at animations if youare and will help me for free tha will be apriciated
    How did i get here?1?!
    last thing remember was a paintball gernade hiting m in the head!!!