A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Extrude

Can I change my username? *PipMastaFlix*'s Avatar

Extrude

I'm making a 3D blueprint and I have imported an *.AI as the image of my 2D blueprint. Then I did an "Extrude" on the lines to rise them. The only problem is that the you can only see the raised lines on one side, the other is imvisible. How to I make an extruded line or plane object double-sided?

Thank you
    Sébastien Couture

.........:-:-:- [Site Check] -:-:-:.........

were you planning on exporting as vector?

if you mean hidden lines kinda like what swift 3d does, then you just mess with the line options before rendering out into vector, if your talking about a raster image, then just change the material options, make sure to check in the box that says 2 sided, then change the opacity setting

also, if your talking about it looking like a glitch or something, and you can see a side but on another side thats supposed to be there is like gone for some odd reason, there should be an option under the extrude parameters that says cap ends, this will make the ends have a side instead of being totally gone
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Can I change my username? *PipMastaFlix*'s Avatar
    Well I've looked and I can't seem to find the option for 2 sides because that's obviously what it is. When I rotate the map I can see the lines on the oposite side but the ones i could see before aren't there.

Do you know where this 2-sided option is or where I can find help on it?
    Sébastien Couture

.........:-:-:- [Site Check] -:-:-:.........