A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MySQL in PHP Tutorial

MySQL in PHP Tutorial

Sorry, I am in hurry and have to be brief..

I am looking for a tutorial that shows the basics of using MySQL in PHP. Alla, connecting to the database, creating tables (ID, Date, Title Header), putting in and retreving data from the database. As well as deleting data.

TIA, Bryce

P.S. I have searched google, but havn't found any ones that really helped much.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

Hi,

I dont think there is a tutorial covering all of php (nd noone is going to funnel all of it into your brain because you are in a hurry)
    If you are looking into a book, friends of ed might have something for you (beware: php has changed some rules after the book was printed)
    Bookmark the online docs at www.php.net (their system of user comments on the manual is unsurpassed; if anything leaves things unclear, there will be comments on it) and www.mysql.com
    For datbase / table creation have a look at phpmyadmin: it is quite popular, and most hosting companies prefer to install it rather than setting n expert side to answer questions.
    Next pick an arbitrary project like http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ba...-635/index.php and try to implement it on your webspace ... and try to understand the code - you should be in business then

Musicman

NuCleuZ :: PHPVolcano :: Blog

I am sorry, by "I am in a hurry" I ment that I had to leave the house in a few mintues, and didn't have time to write a very descriptive message, not that I was in a hurry to complete this project.

I already know PHP fine, what I am looking for is a tutorial that teaches how to implement MySQL Into php.

Thanks, for the links I will check 'em out anyway. If you have any others that may ask me more, please go ahead and post them. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

the book that got me started with PHP and MySQL (I was new to both) is MySQL/PHP Database Applications by Jay Greenspan and Brad Bulger -- it's a terrific book.
    For War's a banker, flesh his gold. There by the furnace of Troy's field, Where thrust meets thrust, he sits to hold His scale, and watch the spear-point sway; And back to waiting homes he sends Slag from the ore, a little dust To drain hot tears from hearts of friends

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon