A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animate hand writting

animate hand writting

I would like to have a Flash movie that animates someone writing text (handwritting). Can someone point me to some examples on how to do this? Are there any automated utilities that do this for you(i.e: select font and input text and get that text animated).

is this what your looking for?
    i did this while ago to show another member how to do it...
    you can add a hand and have the pencil twiddle about more...
    you could of course use a proper font too...

its all masking, and it can be very time consuming to do lots of words acurately....

www21.brinkster.com/xup878/linedemo.html
    www21.brinkster.com/xup878/linedemo.fla

Yes this is what I was looking for. But does anyone know of a method that doesn't require tedious masking work?

Originally posted by gordob
    Yes this is what I was looking for. But does anyone know of a method that doesn't require tedious masking work?
    Well, you could use FlashMX's drawing API and go the tedious scripting route.

But if you're looking for an app to do your animations for you, then no, there's none I'm aware of. Though I'd love a link if you find one.

CNO...
    Tedious masks, tedious actionscripting..... Ultimately I believe it will be solved by someone via FlashMX's drawing API and I would pay for it.

Maybe you should invent something that will plug into people brains and just do all the work for them.

Now I'd pay for that!
    Wash My Dirty Mouth

CNO...
    Tedious masks, tedious actionscripting..... Ultimately I believe it will be solved by someone via FlashMX's drawing API and I would pay for it.

Having experimented with the "tedious masks" method this afternoon. I find that this method quickly makes the resulting .swf file to heavy to be useable.

although i do not have the code, this might be a way around the tedious method, http://www.onemotion.com/cgi/flash.c...=400&bg=FFFFFF

not exactly helpful but interesting anyway (sorry for not actually doing much!)

Ian424...
    This is solution. Now the code?