A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Update from web HELP!!! oh god please!

Update from web HELP!!! oh god please!

I am looking for a way to update my news section on my website without having to send an html file thru ftp each time to update it. Is there a way that I can update news without having to ftp a html file each time? Please help me!!!

Retro Goodness Since 1978.

funky see, funky do... Evert-Jan's Avatar
    offcourse, you could use a txtfile or a database to write the newsdata to. You would need back-end from php/asp or something like that though.

cheers,
    evert-jan

Make it idiot-proof and they will make a better idiot.

Well what I like to do is make my txt areas into diffrent dynamic txt boxes then I make me a projector file that I have a input txt file for each of the dynamic ones on the web site. then I have a cgi form for each txt field with diffrent names this way I can have diffrent buttons that when pressed in my projector sends just those input txt variables to my cgi on my server then the dynamic txt fields read that and update themselves.Also in the projector part I have a load variable for each of the dynamic txt boxes so when I start it up is brings in what is already on the web then I just make my changes. This is a great way of doing this for a client that does not know much about ftp and such. Makes a nice user interface for the client.