A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Royalty free images for use in matches (updated 1/3/08)

Señor member

Royalty free images for use in matches (updated 1/3/08)

Just to reiterate and avoid confusion since it's been asked a couple of times about copyrighted images being used in tennis matches. Please post links to sites that are royalty free image stocks which can be used for tennis or other graphic work. Don't forget you are of course encouraged to use your own photos and artwork in your volleys, just if you need to use stock images, please try to make sure they're free of copyright restrictions.

This isn't a conversation thread so please just post a link and brief description of any requirements/info on the sites. I may edit/delete posts to keep this as a useful resource thread for the future or add it to the exisiting sticky thread.

LINKS:

Here's a massive listing of tutorial and tips sites
    *This page is a link page to a massive selection of photoshop (mainly) tutorials and tricks/tips. Bookmark it, you know it's useful!!

PhotoCase
    *Massive selection of high res, large size images. You have to join as you're limited to 3 images given to your download credit weekly if you login on Monday mornings.

iStock Photo
    *There is a very low fee per pic at I stock... it's simply there to offset expenses and some of the proceeds go to the artist.

Free Stock Photos

Free Foto

Image After

WebShots

Uni-Koblenz Links List

Blue Vertigo List of Links
    *Courtesy of Tayjax, an excellent site full of links to other royalty-free image sites.

Web Master Database Links
    *The top list is of Royalty Free sites.. but the list underneath is of FREE royalty free sites.. some of them are really cool

Digital Disarray
    *Courtesy of boypdp, some great photos available to use royalty free.

Photo Library NOAA
    *Almost all of them are Public Domain to boot.

GIMP Savvy
    *Tutorials on how to use the GIMP are also included so if you don't have Photoshop you you have an explanation and instruction on how to use a free alternative to Photoshop.

DGL-Microsoft
    *Good quality images, clipart, and media.

FreeImages.co.uk
    *While I was impressed with the resolution of the images, I wasn't impressed by the terms. You have to give credit or a link to the site if you plan on using images from this site.

Morguefile
    *Again, I was very impressed by the size and resolution of the images, but unlike freeimages.co.uk, you can use these without any concern for credit. Nice wide selection of pics, too!

AMG Media
    *Only a handful of images and you have to give credit to the photographer , but they are good quality and usually on a white background

Deviantart
    *Browse > Stock Photography

Photos.com
    Clipart.com
    PhotostoGO
    PhotoObjects.net
    www.dinodia.com
    * The above 6 require payment for image use but good links to consider anyway for comps or ideas.

sxc.hu
    *Browse through the categories of our huge gallery containing over 19.000 photos by more than 1.500 users! Need a wallpaper for your desktop? Need a pic for your commercial website design? Looking for inspiration? Have a look around.

Mayang Textures
    *"Over 1300 free to use textures"

AbstractInfluence
    *Member library, feel free to add your own images

Free photos bank

Every Stock Photo.com

www.microshots.org - from user WaxBrush

Free vector files

Great Designer's link resource for techniques, stock photos & much more

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AS LINKS WILL BE ADDED TO THIS POST FOR EASY REFERENCE, I'VE DELETED ALL OTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE POST YOUR LINKS AND THEY'LL BE ADDED HERE

Please also be aware that using images from google is not advised as they are not royalty/copyright free

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 01-04-2008 at 12:18 AM.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

subgenius.com