A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pasting Flash into HTML Code

Pasting Flash into HTML Code

I don't know how dumb this will sound but I'm a very new user to this whole flash thing. I found a flash clip from this site that I want to use, how can I get it to work on my site? Can I past the code into the html somewhere?? Also, I tried pasting some dhtml code for a scrolling text script into my html and it seemed to have removed most of my content, from the logo do pretty much all the text that I put in, the only thing that was left was a banner and the footnotes. What am I doing wrong there?? Can anyone help me??

Thanks!!

Joe

I hope you asked permission of the owner of the SWF before you used it in your site ...

You need to paste <OBJECT> and <EMBED> tags for a SWF to work in HTML. Here's an example of the tags from a SWF in my own site ...
    Code:
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
     codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
     WIDTH="120" HEIGHT="400" id="dropMenu03" ALIGN="">
     <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="dropMenu03.swf">
     <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
     <PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=exactfit>
     <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF>
    <EMBED src="dropMenu03.swf" quality=high scale=exactfit bgcolor=#FFFFFF  WIDTH="120" HEIGHT="400" NAME="dropMenu03" ALIGN=""
     TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    The parameters will change from movie to movie, so I suggest you use the code from the HTML page that you got the SWF from ... BUT MAKE SURE YOU ASK THE AUTHOR'S PERMISSION FIRST!
    ----------
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." TERRY PRATCHETT

Pasting Flash into HTML

Thanks for the info! The SWF that I got is from www.flashkit.com, they give you the code there for you to use for free as long as you add a link on your website for them. Check it out!

Thanks again!

Seppe29