A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: New Picture Exchange

5 time olympic gold medalist fiddlestick5's Avatar
    good stuff e-tahn, top job on the clothing /colors!

Another arrow highway image... or maybe the first I've posted here, anyways here it is:

(I like to recycle graphics)
    Attached Images Attached Images

u can sell my pic if you want look i used ms paint and come out with this

good stuff Tahnee... cloring looks great, like chalk in places...
    fiddlesticks crazy design, you are style!

haven't posted in here in ages... here's a doodle from work (taken with a digi-cam, hence the crap quality)

btw it all stemed from those letters.... they actually represent some spreadsheet!
    Last edited by xup878; 09-08-2004 at 04:33 PM.

^My names up there Doubting Thomas's Avatar
    Hey, two q's: Mind if I join in?
    And: Is the artwork ok if I make it in flash? I suck at hand drawnings.
    -Thomas DeNicola
    Head of Chaos Inc. The man who works hard and yet accomplishes nothing... strange how that works out....

howdy.

join in you may and yes

I've been itching to make a Metal Gear Solid flash movie... so heres one outta two guys I made so far. Like I said, I suck at hand drawings, so don't expect the computer ones to look good either!
    -Thomas DeNicola
    Head of Chaos Inc. The man who works hard and yet accomplishes nothing... strange how that works out....

Hey guys, glad you like Leeshak so much! I've got lotsa other ideas (like redoing my comic in that style, making his bro in ps and starting a kitty comic, but that's never gonna happen this year w/ my school schedule).

magnetos, hhee I know the background's always a little off with me... I like how sharp it is, but it takes away from the character... shoulda done something hand-drawn instead.

fiddlestick, I like your explosions pic arrowy thing! Roads... streets and roads, I see them! and blowing up planets... reminds me of a theory of Infinity that I thought up today. I like it, it has a very stylized geometric style to it.

xup, I love your killer bunny thing! it's got that rough, not so cute-cuddly bunny (at all) look to it. I think it's the whiskers. and the teeth. gotta love it. Andhow you got that whole pic from the letters... I'll never know! haha!

Thomas, hmmm... if your'e making a movie, then non-complicated graphics are always a good key, ie: not having sohopisticated details and shading. but hmmmmm I'd say maybe you could work on your style a bit, I know MGS is pretty realistic, but perhaps some tutorials, like at polykarbon.com could help, even howtodrawmanga. I find anime has good structures as far as skeletons, heads, etc. (even though this guy's wearing a helmet!) I'd say it almost looks like he's gonna fall backwards, try aligning his whole body more. for flash drawings, I'd first make one layer, use the paintbrush tool and set its opacity/Alpha to 40%, then make a stick figure of my drawing, then lock the layer, create a new one on top of it, and draw the body/clothes etc etc etc on it, you can even use more layers... but htat's pretty much just for body structure. I'd say the forearm looks a bit wide, the upper of the arm is kinda skinny, those could be reversed! well, you managed alright (I like the shading on the jacket), so... just keep working at it, you'll get there!

Thx... shall we go on?

I realinged this one, which is a depicture of Solid Snake. The only thing I'm worried about is the head.
    Last edited by Doubting Thomas; 09-07-2004 at 01:11 AM.
    -Thomas DeNicola

blown up still from my channel surf animation...
    was originally just a picture

that one's fearky
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I was going to jazz this one up with some photoshopping and the likes... but I didn't.

awesome pic fiddlestick, u got some evil style!!

here's one i did awhile ago @ work

camera snap, so bad quality

nj fiddlesticks, that owns

mind if i use it in a sig for another forum?
    Last edited by Psytrix; 09-29-2004 at 08:59 PM.

Yeah sure

Good stuff xup, I especially like the alien guy on the first page... reminds me of the alien from mtv's "giant head" cartoon back in the day.

Legendary Sanin
    Very nice graphics here everyone, Im impressed. Its delightful to navigate around and each page be a new pleasure. =)

I began drawing a female medieval knight entirely in photoshop. Someone told me I sucked at using photoshop, so did this one for the pride lol.

However Im done yet. I kind of got desmoralized by the next stage: Drawing the face... I soon realized using black wont do, looks too weird. So Ill have to find middle blending tones. =(
    Of course, I also need to smooth some lines and curves, and bring more depth to some parts like her hands and shoulders.
    But overall Im quite happy with the result.
    Im seriously thinking about buying a wacom® tablet, can someone recomend me a model?

Enjoy
    (Ah! Mother Land!)
    |/

Awesome picture you got there. Personally, I don't think you suck in photoshop.
    -Thomas DeNicola

Sagess that looks Great!! i cant wait to see it finished
    and yes buying a wacom tablet is a MUST although i kind of hated in the biginning but now that i got used to it cant live without it

http://www.wacom.com/index2.cfm

i got a small wacom intous 4x4 so far so good
    but i would reccomend you buy the new one bigger is better

Legendary Sanin
    Thanks a lot for the nice replies.
    And thanks Magneto for the wacom tips, I went there and checked out the prices. But unfortunatly im a full time student, so Im not working atm, so no money
    But as soon as the summer comes, Ill make it a priority.

Meanwhile, back to paper sketches... drew another warrior (I love drawing them).
    But the problem with paper sketches is that I dont have a scanner, nor nice inking pen, so the webcam picture is often faded.
    Im in a great situation lol... no wacom, no scanner, no inking pen. =P
    hehe
    (Ah! Mother Land!)
    |/

Its awesome, even if it is a little faded. I can't wait for your Wacom pictures!
    -Thomas DeNicola

waoo another great job Sagess

you can make it lighter and more clearer if you use photoshop or any similar programs