A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pop Up window troubles

Pop Up window troubles

HI there, so here's the thing. I'm using Javascript to close the current window and then open a new window on the release of a button. However when you release the button a little browser message pops up first asking the user if they want to close the current window, before actually opening my pop up window. I need to get rid of the little window that asks the user if they really want to close the current window, is this possible? Here's the Java Script I"m using:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    function popup() {
    window.close('svetdeath.htm')
    window.open('minussvet.htm','','toolbar=no,locatio n=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbar s=no,resizable=no,width=800,height=625,left=0,top= 0');
    }
    </script>

Thanks

Amy

One way to get rid of it is to make the page you want to close open in a new window. This will of course leave you with the refering page open in the background wich might be just as bad...

Why use pop-up window...they are realy bad and annoying to some users...avoid pop-ups at all cost unless you are required to use one!

yes i'm required to use one, this is for a school project and we are writing a scripted story that requires the user to make some choices between different windows.