A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3D Flash?!?!

well reformatting my computer is both a good thing and a bad thing

when i reformatted and loaded 3ds max 5 again, it asked for a authorization code... i typed in my previous one and it said that it has the max authorization for the product.. Discreet said send it back and we will send you another one.. I have not received my new 3ds max 5 in about a week. However, my plasma has been running fine on the same authorization code and this is a good thing because now i am starting to go through the tutorial book and learn more about plasma which wouldn't happen if i still had MAX.

oh and another thing, how come my .mov is nice and smooth and my .swf isn't as smooth? also, when i put it on a webpage it was like bigger than how i rendered it

with a huge file the swf will slow down the computer

also the thing might have been bigger on the site cause you posted the swf, to make it stay the same size as when you rendered it in plasma or messed with it in flash you ened to put it in an html page to control size
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

alrigght, all i did was upload the pic through ftp without an html page

also, you say it slows down the computer, is it possible to keep the same quality of the images but compress the .swf to make it smaller? all i have is a short 80x100 animation of a cube spinning

also, in the future with flash mx i want to make animated flash buttons

get optimaze! if you want to compress swf files even more
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Before I dish out some cash for Optimaze are there any freeware or demos that will compress my flash?

Also, does it compress and keep the same quality? Thanks.

there are a few others for free but i don't know the link to them, but they dont do much, optimaze does alot better compression and keeps pretty much the same quality...only if you apply to much compression will it look like crap
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

u could make a 3d rotating logo in plasma. follow the 2nd tutorial in plasma. then Render it in SWF-V format. if u render it in plain swf, your movie will get pretty glitchy after importing it into flash mx. trust me. its pretty easy after u get the hang of it.