A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Expert help needed! I need to reproduce this MX ticker in Flash 5!

Flash Expert help needed! I need to reproduce this MX ticker in Flash 5!

Hi,

Ive built a XML ticker scroller in Flash 6 using adapted components and scripts.

Ive posted the files here:
    (Please copy and paste the url not click on it.)
    http://www.geocities.com/freeeky/ticker01.zip

I need to reproduce this so it runs on a Flash 5 plugin, as i do not want the user to have to upgrade.

There must be a way to do this in Flash 5. Can someone please help? I need to get this done quick!

Thanks

bump

bump again!

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    I dont feel like downloading anything but set your publish settings to flash 5 and test your movie and see if it actually does work for 5. If it doesnt, you'll get error messages in the output window telling you what needs to be changed for it to be flash 5 compatible

this is the output, but as actionscript newbie, im unclear what to do!:-----------------------------------------

Symbol=FMultiTextComponent, Layer=Class Methods, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 0

Symbol=FMultiTextComponent, Layer=Class Methods, Frame=1: Line 95: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

WARNING: This movie uses features that are not supported in the Flash 5 player
    Symbol=FMultiTextComponent, Layer=Label Asset, Frame=1: Flash MX Text Field Instance Name
    Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 0

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 349: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol=FDataConsumer, Layer=Actions, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 1

Symbol=FDataConsumer, Layer=Actions, Frame=1: Line 129: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol=DataProvider, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 0

Symbol=DataProvider, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 109: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol=FHeaderDataModel, Layer=Actions, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 2

Symbol=FHeaderDataModel, Layer=Actions, Frame=1: Line 455: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol= Ticker, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 3

Symbol= Ticker, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 714: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

--------------------------

maybe you could tell me what to change, that would be really helpful, thanks

I don't have your answer, but I have a little friendly advice to freeeky: Don't bump - mods hate it. I learned that the hard way at We're Here.

Just some friendly advice.
    Furry
    Code:
      hobby = webDesign; waitYears(3);
      job = webDesign; this.love(job);

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    bumping is better than multiposting though
    cover your bumps by adding in a more detailed explanation or covering some failed attempts that might help clerify the situation

1) dont use initclip (most of your errors right there)
    2) you cant use components so that one you might have to manually remake or look for a smart-clip version of

Originally posted by senocular
    bumping is better than multiposting though
    cover your bumps by adding in a more detailed explanation or covering some failed attempts that might help clerify the situation
    I completely agree with senocular.

Later,
    Furry
    Code:
      hobby = webDesign; waitYears(3);
      job = webDesign; this.love(job);

thanks for the advice peeps. Apologies if the bumping got the mods annoyed.

as a newbie in flash, i wouldnt really know how to start in rebuilding this!

I used the component as it seemed the only way to do all the functionality i required.

Would anyone be kind enough to build a test fla i could work with in Flash 5?

thanks again