A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exporting flash to uncompressed AVI

Exporting flash to uncompressed AVI

I have made an 18 minute long flash project, using a lot of image files of the png file extension. with lots of alpha effects. My project has no audio or video. I need to turn this into as higha quality AVI file that I can becouse I evnetually need to turn it into a DVD. All my atempts at exporting to an uncompressed AVI file have not worked properly. It seems to export fine and then when I go to play the file back my player (windows media) says the file is either an unrecognized file type or is corrupt. I have tried agian and again and It always says the same thing. As a result I have tried many work arounds for example I tried it with compresion with the mpeg 4 codec this worked I was able to play the file back but the images lost a lot of qulity and especially the alpha effects look really horible. I also exported to a regualar .mov and the qulity was great but it can not be imported into my DVD authoring software. I need to be able to export to an uncompressed AVI file
    I am using Flash MX

can any one help, if you need more info to give you a better picture of the situation let me know Thanks for you assistance

[/]
    Last edited by eggler; 10-14-2009 at 01:39 AM.

avi dvd

Hi there
    wat is the dvd authoring software you are using.
    you probably dont want to here this but as eggler said, flash is not nreally the ideal place for animating bitmap based stuff. and editing software will render your alpha based tranistions in a much better way, as flash comes to the fore in vector based work.
    but anyway - does your authoring software require avi's or mpeg2? (If it is mpeg2 then you could convert your uncompressed QT output to Mpeg2)
    what happens you you go from uncompressed qt (output form flash) to uncompressed avi, or another way maybe an 32bit bitmap image sequence exported from flash that you then make into an avi sequence?
    ??
    ss

You may check SWF2Video, it allow you to convert swf into video, including movie clips & action scripts. go www.flashants.com for more info

Thank you all for your assistance it is most apreaciated. I now looking into each of your recomendations carfully to find the best solution for my situation.

Thanks again

Thomas