A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP! Ghettoness to the N00B13

HELP! Ghettoness to the N00B13

I am finally making the transfer over to Mx and I am having a lot of issues. I am ok in flash 5 but mx is just a pain in the ass. For example, why cant i delete frames out of the timeline, like you could in good 'ol 5??? Maybe i have just gone stupid from lack of flash for so long, but i just cant take frames out of the time line. For example, if i tween and then move the last keyframe backwards 3 frames, it auto adds the frames after it. I cant delete those, cuz it wont let me. If i select all the frames i want to delete, then press delete, IT WONT DO IT. Maybe this is becuz i am on a lame ass OS (XP) or maybe its just cuz i am having a hard transition over to MX. Mind you, this is not Snoopy2K, this is his friend (dont want to make an account). Snoop is out of town for the moment so i cant ask him, OTHERWISE I WOULD!!! HELP!
    [:Snoop:]

Senior Member of Toon Army lucky-black-cat's Avatar
    Hi,

I had similar problems when I moved to MX.

The timeline and Actionscript seem harder to use.
    Its just a matter of using MX for a while, it will all come together and you won't want to change back! Try double clicking and dragging to select in black, learn the short cuts F5, F6, Shift+F5 etc.

Good Luck, if you can use 5, you can use MX!!
    http://www.property-in-the-sun.com
    Cheap Holidays in Andalucia Spain for Flash Programmers from 2005!

Right click.

1. Select frames
    2. Right click
    3. Select 'Remove frames' (second option from the top)