A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: problem with flash movie to flash movie interaction

NEED HELP! problem with flash movie to flash movie interaction(i'm using flash 5)

hi people! i hope yu guys can help me out. i have a problem with this flash movie to flash movie interaction. i have two SWFs and are in an HTML page.the first one must play first. once the first one is finished the other one then plays. i used javascript and the fs command to tell the 2nd movie to play once the 1st one is finished playing. i made it work on I.E. 5 on my P.C.(yehey!). but when i try it out on netscape 4 on my pc, the 2nd movie just freezes on the 2nd frame. and the bad part is when i try to execute it on the MAC it doesn't work. Hope yu guys can enlighten me on this matter. thanks!
    Last edited by jedijohnla; 11-07-2002 at 03:34 AM.
    i am cool :O

well...

if you have flash MX there is a simple way without using FSCommand.
    have you?
    Matti Bar-Zeev,
    scriptaholic.

don't have flash mx. so is my predicament a hopeless case that i have to get flash mx to make it run?

no not at all...

i think what you tried to do with FSCommand was the basic idea. but you want NETSCAPE to give you their support? forget it... alothough Netscape have invented what we call JavaScript, they long ago stopped supporting all it's features.
    that's about it...
    bye.
    Matti Bar-Zeev,
    scriptaholic.

my predicament is a hopeless case then! noooo! yu said there was a way in mx without using fscommand. if i can get flash mx would that solve the issues of compatibility between browsers of PC and MAC? or would it still be a hopeless case?