A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2advanced

Originally posted by Elite_Flash_man
    Excuse me, I have every right there is to bash 2a and everything about it. I am also not "ignorant" about 2a, I just think it really is a bad, plain and boringly designed site. I never like it to begin with, but the cool buttons just drew my attention away from the unoriginal layout and dull colors and boring header image. This has nothing to do with me "doing some real work", I am talking about 2advanced, NOT me. Please explain to me what this has to do with me and doing some "real work".
    Your WWW link www.coolhots.com link does not work! May be you should do some work and fix that.

*yawn*

why bash? create something that brings you the revenue, clients, and gets you noticed like 2a's site has done for them... instead of bashing.

as one web developer to another, their site has done better in the area of gathering attention, than most others.

whether the attention was deserved or not, who cares. it got, and kept, your attention.

kudos.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Look what you've gone n done now!

PS - this isnt me btw just another member the general public
    Last edited by j4mes; 11-08-2002 at 03:52 PM.

what does that have to do with anything?
    Before you can insult anything, you should be able to do a better job.

They don't have such great designers
    Once again, can you do better? They have some of the best designers in the world. Without a doubt.

Yes there site does suck
    Considering how old, and what it was meant to do, no it does not suck. And the new one should be out around January

mullet king
    Originally posted by alty29
    the new one should be out around January
    EJ said summer 2003 Alty
    Last edited by mx_kid; 11-08-2002 at 05:54 PM.

whats elites's site address again...huh? what...did you say www.2stupid.com
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Originally posted by SJT
    Enough, for god's sakes.

There are 318 threads that mention 2A in the CL alone, an i'll bet you any money 75% go on about how crap they think 2A is.

Honestly, I really don't care anymore what your opinion is; this debate is old, tired and dead.
    Please.

http://www.flashkit.com/board/search...der=descending

hell yeah, i was gonna post that a while ago. i did a search on 2A in the CL and i was shocked. don't people have anything else to talk about??? anything NEW?
    sizzamn
    maybe one day i will finish my page
    "You can't be let down if you don't expect the world" -Nick Hexum

Originally posted by mx_kid
    EJ said summer 2003 Alty
    I was just talking to Andru Phoenix, but I forget what he said, maybe your right

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and express their opinion.

I personally don't like the 2a site either, its passé.

Drum & Bass Addict
    but the cool buttons just drew my attention away from the unoriginal layout and dull colors and boring header image.
    it might be unoriginal now but when it first ame out it wasnt.
    and if you want to classify sites like that. they are all the same. a square page with text and pictures. sometimes sound. its stupid to say unoriginal.
    thats like if a company comes out with a newskateboard graphic on a deck. to say its unorignal cause it still has trucks and wheels etc etc., but all skateboards are that way.
    you get what im saying?
    and ive never really read too much about the backend. just hearing them say its extensive bla bla. but its a task to build a site with huge backend programming that still makes people go design/graphic wise.
    thats why you see so many boring portal php nuke type sites with text links as navigation

First, let's get this through your people's heads, I am simply saying, and why as well, why 2advanced has a very poor design. If it didn't occur to you, that opinion has no basis in what work I do, how good it is, or anything, the opinion is my opinion, get it? Secondly, as for "ocps" comments, that is a horrible analogy. A web site doesn't need to be a plain square with 100% conventional and unorignal navigation to work and look good, so it's not the same as saying a skateboard has no wheels.
    P4 1.3GHZ|128 RDRAM|DVD 16x|CDRW 12x|Geoforce 2 MX 32MB|WIN XP PRO|56K|IE 6|1024x768
    "Strategery"-George W. Bush

First, let's get this through your people's heads, I am simply saying, and why as well, why 2advanced has a very poor design. If it didn't occur to you, that opinion has no basis in what work I do, how good it is, or anything, the opinion is my opinion, get it? Secondly, as for "ocps" comments, that is a horrible analogy. A web site doesn't need to be a plain square with 100% conventional and unorignal navigation to work and look good, so it's not the same as saying a skateboard has no wheels.

once again, I don't think you should judge it until your better. The site is old, yet still has the ability to turn heads. There is no other site that is as old, that is better.

caithness massiv

it's funny how the impersonal nature of the web can cause people to dig holes that are entirely too deep for their own ****

elite... this is a completely lame topic that was overdiscussed sometime early last year if i remember correctly...

and i'd love it if you flew to cali and walked into the 2a studios and said "i just wanted you to know that all of you designers that work here suck ass... why aren't you better? why is it that you keep winning accolades for your terribly bland, boring, unoriginal, dull designs??? are your clients idiots or something?"

i think i'd cough up a lung laughing so hard

No, I don't have to be a good web designer to know what is good and bad, just know what is good and what is bad. That's like saying a car racing fan has to know how to drive a car to know who is an overall good driver. ROFL.

And I didn't say their designers are bad, although some of what they do isn't that good, but just that their main site is pretty bland and plain if you ask me.

It's my OPINION, hello.
    P4 1.3GHZ|128 RDRAM|DVD 16x|CDRW 12x|Geoforce 2 MX 32MB|WIN XP PRO|56K|IE 6|1024x768
    "Strategery"-George W. Bush

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    No, I don't have to be a good web designer to know what is good and bad, just know what is good and what is bad. That's like saying a car racing fan has to know how to drive a car to know who is an overall good driver. ROFL.

And I didn't say their designers are bad, although some of what they do isn't that good, but just that their main site is pretty bland and plain if you ask me.

It's my OPINION, hello.
    Friggin' troll

It's my OPINION, hello.
    and just the same, the people in this thread offered their opinions on why, in their opinion, you are incorrect. you are free to say that 2a sucks, but people get irritated because its been discussed and rediscussed over and over, and most of the arguement for and against 2a have been exausted .. i'm just going to say, they must be doing something right, they seem to be quite successful.

okay, if 2A has such a bad site, list 5 websites, preferably for design co's or freelancers, that are better.

i'm waiting...

- jgo
    jgo: pleased to meet you.

mullet king
    Originally posted by jgo
    okay, if 2A has such a bad site, list 5 websites, preferably for design co's or freelancers, that are better.

i'm waiting...

- jgo
    No-one can deny the talent of these

Originally posted by mx_kid
    No-one can deny the talent of these

hehehe..lol..!!
    where is the content ,sir !!

Señor member
    Originally posted by jgo

i'm waiting...

- jgo
    these are my current favourites

http://www.neostream.com/
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand