A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ok... Need help here. Email Login.

Go create something, anything. Cnic's Avatar

Ok... Need help here. Email Login.

I want to create a flash mail server login. All I want is to have flash send the information to //mailserverlogin.... and allow the user to go straight to thier mail without having the seperate html login page.

any ideas... Thanks!!! From what I have read I might have to send through PHP first??? I dont know.... any help is great help on this one. Thanks!!

I need to send the info from flash to fit this code... but I am a flasher... not much for HTML / CGI.

Code:
    <form action="http://themailserver.net/login.cgi" method=post>
                <input type="hidden" name="page" value="login">
                <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="Use_Cookie" VALUE="">
                <input type="text" name="userid" style="{width:145px;}" size="15" onFocus="if(this.value!='')this.select();" class="small">
                <input type="password" name="passwd" style="{width:90px;}" size="10" class="small">
                <input type=submit class="smallboldbutton" style="{width:80px;}" value="Log In">
    </form>

Before you all start stabbing me.... I have looked and searched around a bit, and I couldn't really find any "Clear" direction.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cnic; 02-05-2007 at 10:47 AM.
    "All Men are created equal, but A.M.B.I.T.I.O.N, or lack of it, soon seperates them"

Hi,

you should find a few examples that might not talk about email servers but about replacing html forms with flash based ones. Basically you use a loadvars object and assign the contents of your text fields (and constant strings for the hidden fields) to its members.

What should ctually happen when someone mistypes the login?

Musicman