A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hold on a second (was: Is this a Pixelranger...)

the shoeless designer Barefoot Kid's Avatar
    that wasnt even directed at u chewy....and who u telling to shut up...have some manners why dont ya....tsk

Villian lovely work very cool use of colors and what not
    But I have seen stuff just as good

and um *cough* *they probalbly havn't been copying you* *cough*

But never the less very nice work

Maybe we could battle sometime

L8terz

Originally posted by Barefoot Kid
    that wasnt even directed at u chewy....and who u telling to shut up...have some manners why dont ya....tsk
    who was I telling to shut up? umm...YOU! obviously you knew that before so why ask?

so it wasn't directed at me....why dont YOU have some manners and stop that *YAWN* crap.

Usually I'm one of those ppl who tell ppl if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all...but hey I guess I got pissed at ppl who do stupid stuff like that and I broke my own 'rule' and told you to shut up. oh well...all I know is I'd do it again if someone acts like that. If you'd have read the post by pixelranger, then me, then villian you'd understand why he posted. but hey...this is going no where very fast and I just dont have the ability to bicker...its just childish.

*YAWN*

*YAWN*
    see what I mean by childish.
    some ppl...shut up mate

and ur supposed to be a mod talking to ppl like that??? tsk tsk

and ur supposed to be a mod talking to ppl like that??? tsk tsk
    what...and a mod isn't allowed to speak his mind? A mod is just a person who can move, edit etc etc etc posts/threads. I am just the same as you cept I can do extra things. And you already know all those things so...again...why ask? ANYWAY! if you wanna keep talking (which I doubt you want to anyway) email me. I'm sure you can find it out.

no a mod isnt supposed to be plain rude to ppl...

mullet king
    Play nice, this is a bit of an OT thread

I love when people say Shane rips 2A, its flippin great

Originally posted by mx_kid

I love when people say Shane rips 2A, its flippin great
    LMAO

What is this? What is happening to Flashkit? Amazing...

Sugestion: Open a new forum for the idiots (aimed at 1 person only) and leave the rest of us to enjoy the Design and Graphics forum. I`ve always found this to be the most mature and helpful forum on FK, dont spoil that.

i cant believe i read this whole post...
    heres my advice...
    the "reviews" section of flashkit has always been pretty rough... i think if you give flashkit a second chance by checking out some of the more positive forums, you may change your mind about fk...
    this for instance is about the most absurd thing ive read in the d&g forum...
    odd that chewman moved it here before figuring it out ...
    but i see his point...
    p.s. welcome to flashkit, weve all seen the initial frustration of being flamed by others (including mods) best thing to do is sit back and laugh...

I take FK quite seriously and I have learned LOTS and LOTS of things from the community.

The problem is that the members, especially some of the newer ones, are so opinionated it's unbelievable. And it's not just with the blatant anti Americanism I have seen in the Coffee Lounge occasionally. Lately, it's been occurring in the cool sites and design forums over peoples' hard work. It's so crazy! I think it is great that pixelranger, tpnovak, nevil, and edgen (and many other talented people) provide insight and inspiration for us all. And we all hope to return the favor. These guys are great at what they do, how can one argue that? I don't see why these people log onto Flashkit and get so damn angry about trivial matters all the time. If you don't enjoy yourselves here, get lost! I think I speak for MANY people in this post.

Long-live Flashkit!

Originally posted by gdstudios
    I think I speak for MANY people in this post.

Long-live Flashkit!
    Rock on gdstudios!! Your speaking for me anyways it's really is not cool to make fun of other ppl's hard work....atleast be positive when your giving your opinion of thier work

ill just sum up...

personally i think both villain2 and pixel ranger suck. ha.

id like to stop there but really theres something that bugs me, the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw pixelranger.com was how much eric jordan contradicts himself. ej says over and over in interviews how the 2a story gets told wrong when people rip it off and how you shouldnt find all your inspiration from one source, yet he goes out employs someone who i believe does just that (am looking at shane).
    so i sit here thinking, if i copy all ej's style, will he employ me too? ...... oh wait its to late, i did copy all his stuff.

sorry shane - ur probably a decent guy, thats just how i see things.

scsa
    my way or the high way

mullet king
    C'mon man, since Shane joined 2A they've had a new edge, he has added more than he has learned

I think some ppl are just jealos over 2A and anyone that is employed by them.

They make some killer stuff, they have devloped a great name for themselves, they have come further than alot of design firms out there......just becuase their ideas and techniques are copied by alot of folks, doesn't mean thier bad or they suck. Just because they have made a name for themselves doesn't mean their bad either. So stop trying to say they suck. Can you do better then them? if so good for you. But saying they suck or that "thier not that good" is very Unprofessional.

2A has made it far in this world, lets atleast respect them for that

Originally posted by stone.cold.steve.austin
    ill just sum up...

personally i think both villain2 and pixel ranger suck. ha.

id like to stop there but really theres something that bugs me, the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw pixelranger.com was how much eric jordan contradicts himself. ej says over and over in interviews how the 2a story gets told wrong when people rip it off and how you shouldnt find all your inspiration from one source, yet he goes out employs someone who i believe does just that (am looking at shane).
    so i sit here thinking, if i copy all ej's style, will he employ me too? ...... oh wait its to late, i did copy all his stuff.

sorry shane - ur probably a decent guy, thats just how i see things.

scsa
    You see, this is exactly what I am talking about. I'm sure Shane will jump on here and defend himself, but for heaven's sake, man. According to Shane, he and EJ have known each other for years, since before EJ started 2A. So I don't know where you come off writing this post. Sure, you can have your opinion about Shane's work, but to blatantly attack him without knowing the facts is just plain wrong. Don't you see that?

yea i see and your right, i jumped the gun a bit to quick on this one.
    my apoligies to shane.
    my way or the high way