A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Zooming in on object during play

resolved

would someone mind telling me how to zoom in on a object during play of a movie? it would add style too my project but i just cant figure out how to zoom in. It would help a lot if someone could explain it or just briefly explain it for me...thanks guys.

elain yourself

do you mean making it bigger? then u would just have to scale it and make a movie of it or add a little actionscript vcode let me know if that is what u mean by zooming!

Explaining

Ok... say there is a man on a mountain, we are at a birds eye view during the start of the movie then i want to zoom in on the man that is on the moutain to a close up view.... does that help explain what i am trying to do? i will try to play around with scaling and what not... but it would help if someone could tell me. Thanks again

there....

ok.
    Take your man. make it a movie clip and a grphic symbol.at the first frame of it put a stop action.
    now in that movie clip make the scalling that u want. (motion trween)

then in yiour maain stge, put that movie clip of the man, give it an instance name like zoom.

at the frame where u want that zooming to occur on the maion stage out a frame action:
    TellTarget(zoom) play

it shoulkd do the trick, u can modify at your need