A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: <<<Setting up a Ltd Company>>>

<<<Setting up a Ltd Company>>>

Do any of you guys know of any good uk wesites with useful information on setting up a Ltd company? I have loked myself, but the web is so litered with crap these days...
    Maybe some of you have experience in this area?

Thanks
    Pete|Qetret

I'm not sure about resource for you right now, but I've got some advice for when you get past the online research phase ...

I'd find an accountant and speak with him -- that's how I started my company a few months ago. Lawyers are great to tell you how to structure things legally. But speaking with an accountant is invaluable when your starting something, because he'll tell you exactly what type of company to start and how to structure it in the way that will save you the most money. After all, its the accountant that will be doing your taxes later not the lawyer.

Good luck with your entrepreneurship!
    For War's a banker, flesh his gold. There by the furnace of Troy's field, Where thrust meets thrust, he sits to hold His scale, and watch the spear-point sway; And back to waiting homes he sends Slag from the ore, a little dust To drain hot tears from hearts of friends

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Head over to Companies House - they're the people who you have to register Ltd companies with in the UK, and they have an excellent series of pdf files that explain the main ins and outs...

Beyond that, the advice given above about seeing an accountant is probably the best that can be given if you are looking to go down the ltd route.
    Blog
    What's your $@~**** problem?

Thanks Guys