A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loadmovie problem

loadmovie problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the loadmovie action. In Flash everything works fine, but in Swish it doesn't. I want to load an extern movie into my swishsite and I used a Sprite which I named loader.
    When I hit a link to load the movie everything appears but on the wrong place and too large. I mean I have a 600*400 basic movie and I want to load 600*300 movies into it under the menue. It just doesn't fit.
    Another problem is, that if i use a Flash-Basic site and work with the loadmovie action to load extern swish-movies the quality of them are much lower than in the original swish-file.

Please post

Attila
    O mi to fo

http://www.dreamwater.org/rguy/index5.html
    Heres a tutorial on load movie.
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

When ever you have a great deal of content the movie automatically goes into quality low.

As for not fitting issues first check the dimensions of your sprite in the transform panel. and make sure the sprite is masked.

another thing if your exporting your flash swf to be used as a sprite/mc make sure that it is exported propery for the x/y coordinates.

Swish has this option for swf's to be used as movie clips under export.

finally you can use load movie into level then relocate the x/y location of the level

Via
    On Event (at frame)
    tell target /_level1
    Transform
    X= ,Y=

Frets

Solved it!!

First of all thanks a lot for your help.

This one of my first forumentries and Iam really happy about the feedback and help i can get from developers at flashkit.com

I read the tutorial and it worked, everything fits and it was cool but an animated text or object appeared out of the size of the movieclip nevertheless, so i tested a bit in the exportoptions and i checked "do not animate off-stage objects" - that's all, now it works.
    But there was one problem with the background color of my loaded movieclip, it was white, not grey as i created it so i created a rectangle, which was grey; maybe there is a more elegantly way.

thx anyway
    Attila
    O mi to fo

BTW-swishspot.com is a really good site! I liked it. I used flash mx first but since I have swish 2.0 i just work with it. Swish really rocks, nice texteffects and so it is really reassuring to know a good swishsite

If you've got objects on the outside then you need to mask the sprite.

Also once an object moves offstage place a remove tag on it. not will it clear up the ghost object it will reduce the file size of the movie.

Thanks for the comments on sspot.
    We're the oldest swish community outside of flashkit.
    A good place to check out as well is Brian Ayers (Cadence here) http://swish-tutorials.com Lots of great tutorials, and some great downloads