A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Huge Game!!!

Huge Game!!!

Okay here's what I'm currently working on. I'm working on a life like game. I hate the sims so it's nothing like the sims it's more like the game Shenmue on the Dreamcast. Any way I've come to think that it'd be cool if you could walk into an arcade place and play games. Here's where you guys come in. Can any one or any one who already made these games I list be willing to contribute it to the project. You will be credited in the already huge list of credits. Plus a great way to show off your games. This game will not be sold I am not making a profit for it or anything like that.

GAMES LIST
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Asteriods
    Centipede
    Missile Command
    Pac-Man
    Donkey Kong
    Super Mario Bros.
    Pool
    Air Hockey
    slot machine
    video poker
    pinball
    crane game (claw machine)
    Darts
    -----------------------------------------------------

That's the must list but feel free to make any arcade game to contribute. This game might not be done for a while but I'm asking now so when it is done i won't have to worry to much about this. Thanks and this will save me a lot of time.

Please send me the flas to linksdungeon0@hotmail.com. The reason it must be a fla is because it will be minorly changed to have a high-score feature or needs to have varibles that are through out this game. If for any reason you don't want to give the fla. Swf is okay but please keep in mind it won't be to interactive if it is standing alone without certain features.
    Thanks again.

Laters.
    A young mind is more knowledgable then a mind corrupted and blinded by society.

Portfolio: My Portfolio
    FFGuardians:PHP MMORPG(Closed Beta)
    PyroWare Studios:PyroWare Studios-Flash&Web Development

Can we see a demo of your current game? So we can get a feel for it and know what we are putting our work into?

yes,that sounds like an interesting game,but i also think your chances to get one/some full game/s from someone will raise if he sees that you´re putting some effort into this yourself.

Alright deal. Give me at least a week. The whole thanksgiving vacation I'm coding so if you give me a week it should be done to as far as one whole town or a country depends on how bored I am. But a week shou.d give you guys a very good idea of how the game will go. Well I'll post in a week please feel free to add comments ideas anything.
    Laters and thanks.

It's been a year now. I was wondering if you could show us your progress?

Originally posted by Ray Beez
    It's been a year now. I was wondering if you could show us your progress?

Hehehehe

You Make Me Want To La La
    guess he moved on

lol, never thought this would have popped up again. Yup i moved on to bigger and better things after the first week . You'll see an rpg sometime next year though, hopefully with some kickass cimematics. We'll see . And those who believed in the project, thanks and if anyone wants to do this shenmue type project be my guest. Peace.

Edit: Damn Ray you got time on your hands . Im courious about how many pages was this burried under. hehehe.
    Last edited by sspskater; 11-25-2003 at 09:38 PM.

No time required. Just a quick search on threads I've posted in.
    ;-)

hmm - sounds really interesting, don't know why your dropping it
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

i thought of the time calculated it out and decided it was worth it. Plus it was one of those ideas that you think of that you dont like but you dont know until later when you thought you liked what you thunk before you thought.

lol hope you get that all with out falling outta your chair braindead.

Ihoss
    woa!!!
    *fell out of chair*

If you had the skills / money you could turn it into one of those things where you have people meeting within the game, and having their own characters, talking to other people via speech bubbles etc... then go and play the games against other people, not sure this has been done yet, there are loads of meeting ones where you can dance etc... Never come accross one with games to play against each other with. That would be pretty dam good
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

If you had the skills / money you could turn it into one of those things where you have people meeting within the game, and having their own characters, talking to other people via speech bubbles etc... then go and play the games against other people, not sure this has been done yet, there are loads of meeting ones where you can dance etc... Never come accross one with games to play against each other with. That would be pretty dam good
    Yea I totally agree, its a neat little idea, sadly though im not very good at socket servers, or have the money to support servers . Maybe someone with the money and time can go about this, or if not 10 years from now you'll be seeing me coming out with this lol. Thanks for the advice/ideas. peace.

yay only 9.5 years left

yay only 8.5 years left

Rofl, still posting kid, the big ol countdown lol. Well im back at flashkit after 2 yrs so we'll see if I pick up this project again. I'll let ya know. Peace.