A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Just a nice new site =)

Just a nice new site =)

Hey guys,

Come and have a look at my new personal site. Let me know what you think?. If you like it, why not sign the guestbook so i know you have been and i can return the favour! =)

My Site - Urban Thinking

I would even appreciate negative comments so i could improve. I cant belieive that none of you have at least one thing to say! haha =)

Looks great

Especially for a personal site which apprears to have no selling point/purpose other than a forum for an internet social life. I am personally not crazy about the colors, but fot a site like this, I think you should use the colors you like and nor worry about what is appealing. I really like your layout and find it easy to navigate. To suggest a minor change, you could create a link from the "STILL LIFE GALLERY" and "LIVE CAMERA" titles as they do appear a links because they are underlined.

Very impressive for it's purpose.
    Bravo!

human
    If you are interested from a usability standpoint, I would move your main navigation to the top of the page because on my monitor (800x600) I had no idea there was a nav on the page until I scrolled down.
    Also, instead of making your page so long, you might want to take advantage of the horizontal area on the page. Unless that is part of the "design" of the page.
    Interesting personal site.
    Color scheme wise, it doesn't bother me in the beginning...the turquoise does get a little overwhelming after a bit tho.

Yeah i agree, im currently changing the site colours a little. Its all done via CSS so it shouldnt take long. Im thinking shades of grey and brown, mushroom etc. Urban colours i guess. The pink was chosen as a dare and well, baby pink , powder blue i guess. A classic combination.

The site gets on average 500 hits a day and very few people are viewing it at 800x600 but i do understand your concern. The nav being in the middle of the page is a feature as is the width. But i might have a play around with it a little.

Im also working on animating the banners a little, they are already done in flash but im going to add some movement.

Is there any content that you think its lacking, or a feature you would like to see?

I appreciate your comments and feedback. And thanks to those that signed the guestbook, ill be checking out your sites tonight! =)

I think the unique style layout looks great, my res is 1024x768 though. The nav being easily accesable to all users is something you should not overlook. If you have only two comments and one person says they almost did not see your nav at all, that is potentially very serious. You don't want to loose visitors. I personally, don't think it would look bad with the nav on top. And aren't about half all all internet users still at 800x600?

Urban colors could certainly improve the appeal.

As far as content, this is not really my thing, I am not a social butterfly. I would need a reason to return. Maybe a page of recomended sites by your visitors. Where people can find stuff to do. (Kinda like www.bored.com) Just an idea...

Keep up the good work!
    Angie

Not wild about the colors either..too many pastels.

I prefer more contrast.

Other than that, very creative, readable text, simple navigation...all ads up to a very nice site.

Clif