A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: timeframe cursor tracking

timeframe cursor tracking

Hi...

I've been working on a very large swish project with 2.0 and having a time trying to time everything exactly with music, pictures, etc... is there any why to turn on a cursor that shows your exact frame that is being played so you can follow and time content? (For example... a line will keep moving over each timeline frame as the movie is played)

I'm working on a multimedia project and am starting a 4 minute MP3 song that starts at the beginning of the scene. (for a CD project) I want to see what frame on the timeline I am as the song plays so I can pinpoint where to place the content. Is that possible?

thanks,
    Curtis =)

hi, curtis

welcome to the forum

as far as i know, we can't have that. what i'd do is to estimate by doing some division. for e.g., if my music is 30 seconds long and my frame rate is 12 fps, then, i'd be at frame x when y second has passed.

there is more at http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...6&pagenumber=1

hth

Yes it's called the play preview button

All you need to do is select it and drag it across the timeline.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry, curtis i thought you meant you wanted to synchronise images or text with the sound.

I just finished helping someone with a rather large presentation and it is all about the timing. what you really have to do is figure out what is playing at a certain spot in the movie. and then change what you need to put in that spot. it is a rather large project and there is no real shortcut that i know of. You may already know this but if you are doing a presentation then you always want to preview in the player not the browser as they are a little different and will throw off the timing a little.