A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Smother transition

Please Check this out:
    http://www.pablofrancisco.com/pablo_new_Video.swf

I would like to create a smother transition between .swf files.

I tried to put them all in one .swf but then that one takes forever to download. I know its because of the movieclip images I imported but I don't think I can make them any smaller.

I am just trying to make it faster.

Any ideas?

Right now I am also just doing a load movie into level "0" right now.

Maybe that might have something to do with it.

I am just wondering.

Just trying to keep this on top. I would really appreciate any help.

You're right loading a movie into level 0 is your problem. The movie that is loading totally replaces the one at level 0.

Rather than load into a level a better way is to load into a movie clip. The loaded movie can be any size and shape and you can control it's position by moving the movie clip.
    This movie clip will work the same as a normal movie clip - "Set Property" works etc but duplicating it won't work.

eg create a blank movie and give it an instance name of "mymovie" you can load a swf into this by using
    Load Movie ("movie2load.swf", "/mymovie")

The movie "movie2load.swf" should have a blank frame with a stop action in the first frame (or after a preloader). This is so the movie will stop and not be visible.

When you wish to start the movie use

Begin Tell Target ("/mymovie")
    Play
    End Tell Target.

Using a technique like this also means you can load the movies in the background while the viewer is looking at your site.

Let me know if you need more,

Rich.

=============================
    You're right loading a movie into level 0 is your problem. The movie that is loading totally replaces the one at level 0.

Rather than load into a level a better way is to load into a movie clip. The loaded movie can be any size and shape and you can control it's position by moving the movie clip.
    This movie clip will work the same as a normal movie clip - "Set Property" works etc but duplicating it won't work.

eg create a blank movie and give it an instance name of "mymovie" you can load a swf into this by using
    Load Movie ("movie2load.swf", "/mymovie")

The movie "movie2load.swf" should have a blank frame with a stop action in the first frame (or after a preloader). This is so the movie will stop and not be visible.

When you wish to start the movie use

Begin Tell Target ("/mymovie")
    Play
    End Tell Target.

Using a technique like this also means you can load the movies in the background while the viewer is looking at your site.

Let me know if you need more,

Rich
    ===========================================

Rich (or anyone who can help)

This sure sounds like exactly what I want to do, but I am still a newbie and it is a little confusing. Could you send me an example or anything? The tell target stuff I get a little confused on.

Here is my email. littlerob@mindspring.com

Thanks,

Rob

Rich (or anyone who can help)

This sure sounds like exactly what I want to do, but I am still a newbie and it is a little confusing. Could you send me an example or anything? The tell target stuff I get a little confused on.

Here is my email. littlerob@mindspring.com

Thanks,

Rob