A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

I find it hard to read also. Especially the link for news. But I like the concept myself.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Degenerate and baise art thou. docree's Avatar
    Thank You, Max
    Yes, I drew that artwork in KoolMoves. I call it "Face of a Dreamer".
    [It is NOT the trace function that MX has...]
    I'm adding more as soon as I figure out the best way to display the works.

I used to have media artist under my avatar...
    But, I decided that I could use that space for something more creative.

P.S. Did you notice the "Topless Dancer" stretching?

To Docree
    I am talking about realfanI site. I can't tell the difference between swedish, german, russian etc myself. Spent a few years overseas, but still.

Yours looked liked it was still being worked on. So I never commented on. The topless strecher disapears after the first click. I did read your blog. Why not buy a domain now?

Look at mine, some flash 8 and fireworks, some koolmoves, some koolmoves beta, some I just don't remember..what do you think?

http://www.diversioncentral.com/

I've been reluctant on getting a domain, cause I have been moving so much lately.
    [I have just been at my current location for three weeks.]
    The best way to put it, is that getting a domain is of the last on the list. That list is short, but easier said than done.

Some of the effects are a lil distracting. [But we need diversion.]
    And the browser navigation becomes broken.
    [The back button can't be used for going to the last option.]
    Some links open a new window and may not need to.

Over all it is a nice lay out.
    The menu can be reached and easily understood.
    And most options loaded fast on my slow connection.
    A suggestion for the links, projects, and downloads options...
    Categorize the lists. If it can't be pleasing to the eye...
    It can be pleasing to the mind.
    [Face it links are not the most attractive site feature.]

Sorry, this stuff may seem harsh.
    I have been trained in only giving constructive critiques.

Thanks Docree. If you see things like this then others will to.

I don't understand catagorizing the links?

When you say:
    "I found a bug though... If someone clicks on a menu option while an option is loading. The clicked option text will display on top of the text of the option that has just loaded."
    can you give an exact example?

Tim.. I have domains which are expensive in the general market price,, instead of 9€ mine cost 22€. BUT. you will not be risking your cash nor have any hassles with named conflicts. In other words.. You get what you pay for. My parent company is domiteca.com,,, and they are (by my word alone) probably the best in the business and 100% legal. That 100% legal means that there is a search done before you buy your domain and if there is a possible conflict then you are informed of such. Just my tuppence worth. cheers.. Basically.... if you buy ****,, it's probable that someone will step in you.
    Tell you what.. I'll give you one for free,,, tell me what domain you want and you'll have it with 3 e-mail accounts,, just renew it next year if you're happy with it (I'll send the payment details later). this counts for the domain,, if you want server space then this next wednesday I'll have my new server running and I can let you have one or two gigas of free space if you need it,, you'll have to use the redirrection service or "mydomain.com) to get a direct link as I don't want the hassle of running a name server.
    Last edited by gusmus; 10-24-2005 at 01:50 PM.
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

Gusmus. Thanks for the offer. I have a good domain. It is 100 per year (domain reg is free and is in my name) and I have had no problems. I do not know how that compares to what you offer. I assume 9€ = nine euro dollars, which is about 11 dollars here. I have had diversioncentral for several years and I went through the google and yahoo search engines looking for conflics. I am not a lawyer but I see no problem. But companies change and customer service disapears overnight. Or the company is taken over and the servers become a mess.

Also my site is really an experimental playground. I have only redesigned my site 50 times in the last three years. And I still am not happy. I know the basics but can't get the artistic juice to show up.

Well if you want a playground to play in after wednesday I'll have room to spare,,, just put a 3500 giga server in house and I'll probably only need about 4 gigas of that for my own purposes. The price difference was so smalll I just thought "Sod it",,, go for it.
    Wiliiam Wallace

Artist
    edit
    Last edited by M@xHe@droom; 04-23-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: ammendment

Quote Originally Posted by M@xHe@droom
    Doc,
    Nice bit of tracing.
    I hope you are just kidding...
    [They don't have a smilie slapping it's own face.]

It seems that any tracing does not have a natural look.

I wanted to do something different as to site design.
    [Most have that modern / futuristic / machine style.]
    So, I set off for a "victorian" design.
    [I lived in a historic victorian town as a kid.]
    After a few designs I realised that a
    pop retro / minimalist design suited me better.

Tmoore,
    I'm posting a screen capture, cause that's the easiest way to show it.
    [Usualy done by clicking the options quickly...]

By categorize...
    Under downloads you can put all of you game files
    [Virtual drum, genie, etc.] under a "game" column or header.
    All your mp3 players under Music players.
    Which could be under another group called site gadgets.

See, the mind can just find the links easier by finding the category.

As you can notice on http://www.flashkit.com/board/index.php?
    there are the headers Flash Kit, Flash Help, Reviews, etc., above each section.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Artist
    edit
    Last edited by M@xHe@droom; 04-23-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Kool Mover!!!!

MokoX.Com

Please check out my site and let me know what you think.

The link to my site is MokoX.Com

Nice Ideas in principal but web design goes all the way down the line,,,, and in that vein,, your transparent gifs are crap(All that white crud on the outlines),,, work on them more than your flash production. I also noticed that your backing track is permanent,,, put a stop sound command on each button so when you hit it you can listen to the selected track without sodding Marshal Piss or whatever his name not calling,,, most irritating to say the least. The worst of all is that your site seems to be what we call in the industry,,a "Leach" site ,,, in other words, your content is leached from other sites.. nothing wrong with that as long as your visitors are not led to believe that it is all your own work.

One small fact that I've learned during my last 15 years in this web design game is that 90% of web sites are actually designed for the webmasters ego trip and not for the client. The cold question is:::: would you really want all that crud on your own personal website??,,,,, In general.. the answer is NO.
    Last edited by gusmus; 10-31-2005 at 07:23 PM.
    Wiliiam Wallace

Kool Mover!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmus
    Nice Ideas in principal but web design goes all the way down the line,,,, and in that vein,, your transparent gifs are crap(All that white crud on the outlines),,, work on them more than your flash production. I also noticed that your backing track is permanent,,, put a stop sound command on each button so when you hit it you can listen to the selected track without sodding Marshal Piss or whatever his name not calling,,, most irritating to say the least. The worst of all is that your site seems to be what we call in the industry,,a "Leach" site ,,, in other words, your content is leached from other sites.. nothing wrong with that as long as your visitors are not led to believe that it is all your own work.

One small fact that I've learned during my last 15 years in this web design game is that 90% of web sites are actually designed for the webmasters ego trip and not for the client. The cold question is:::: would you really want all that crud on your own personal website??,,,,, In general.. the answer is NO.
    Fair comment and all have been noted and acted upon. As this is my first web design I needed some down to earth hard hitting critisism and that's what you gave me. How are we to learn if people just say, 'yes that's nice' and don't tell us what's wrong. Thanks again!

Hi, Mook. I didn't mean to put you off,,, I get lots of complaints that I'm a grumpy sod,, it's not true,, I see no point in praising rubbish and I don't respond to the sites who want that praise. But your site is really good except for the details that hit the visitors eye, ( remember that the visitor is much more important than the webmaster) like the cruddy gifs and the innattention to simple stuff like two tracks playing at the same time and the fact that all the tricks in the world won't sell a crap product,,,, in other words,, "Keep it simple" because as you know,,,, 90% of web users are just a little bit more advanced than amoebas.
    Wiliiam Wallace

Kool Mover!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmus
    Hi, Mook. I didn't mean to put you off,,, I get lots of complaints that I'm a grumpy sod,, it's not true,, I see no point in praising rubbish and I don't respond to the sites who want that praise. But your site is really good except for the details that hit the visitors eye, ( remember that the visitor is much more important than the webmaster) like the cruddy gifs and the innattention to simple stuff like two tracks playing at the same time and the fact that all the tricks in the world won't sell a crap product,,,, in other words,, "Keep it simple" because as you know,,,, 90% of web users are just a little bit more advanced than amoebas.
    Not a problem, as said i prefer when people are honest, how do we learn otherwise. Check back to my site now and let me know what you think now........Is it any better?????

site check out

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Looking good. Always like to see hand coded scrollers. I do notice the arrow images get offset on the mouseover state but definitely like the fact you coded your own.

Also...in the pix maybe make the preloader centered on the viewpane and not across the thumbs and viewpane. It would stand out more and make sense.

Kool Mover!!!!

check the revamp

I have revamped my website after thinking that the old one was to be honest quite crap (Thanks to everyone who told me lol) Please check it out and let me know what you think!!

address is Mokox.Com