A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

I have made some displays using graphic equalizers if you want to display your music.
    I can help with these. (these are streaming 1 meg music files)

http://www.diversioncentral.com/mp3player/kool.html
    (koolmoves demo)

http://www.diversioncentral.com/
    (Flash MX demo)

let me know.

How do you come up with the name point 19 when there are only 12 points on the star?
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Pretty cool display... I would like to put something on there like that, and have worked on some very basic designs. I just need to keep fooling with the program. Thankfully Koolmoves is a lot easier for me than Flash and Swish.

And the name.... that's a long story. One that Idon't really want to post here! I will say, though, that it has nothing to do with the graphic!!!

how do you do that?

Originally posted by smblkc
    Pretty cool display... I would like to put something on there like that, and have worked on some very basic designs. I just need to keep fooling with the program. Thankfully Koolmoves is a lot easier for me than Flash and Swish.

If you want the display, I will need a song from you or you can use swift MP3.exe and I can give out the fun file so that you can do it yourself. I cannot get koolmoves to display the ID3 tags from the mp3 reliably. Hopefully someone here can tell me how. With the Flash mx version it is easy. There is also a koolmoves mp3 player at necromanthus.com which uses an XML playlist.

If Blanius is talking to me: i take an MP3 and put in the ID3 tags, after it was ripped and converted, (I have fruity loops, guitar pro, cdex and a lot of other software), I use swiftMP3 and it makes a swf file with the variables that makes the equalizer works. It is qued with the song at 20 frames per second. Then this swf is loaded into the graphic equalizer program swf with loadmovienum(). The percentage is nothing but (current frame/total frames)/.01. when the percent reaches 99.9, the next movie is loaded.

Yeah it's the response of the bars I couldn't understand how you did that. So you have another program that reads the frequency of the mp3 and generates the eq bars? Not sure I understand that totally.... I know how to get the id3 tags into KM shouldn't present too much of a challenge using PHP there are several Classes out there that PHP can use to extract the ID tags which can be sent along to the flash fairly easily I would think I know someone that did exactly that using 3dfa for his XML playlist mp3 player. Soon as I get a chance I'll look at doing it.

So tell me where did swiftMP3 come from? googling it now.

Originally posted by blanius

So tell me where did swiftMP3 come from? googling it now.
    http://www.swift-tools.net/

keep in mind there is no support really from these people. And I have yet to get the xml playlist to play one song after another. What I have is something different. I have gotten koolmoves to read the ID3 tags but it is unreliable. Something simple I suppose.

Site is up

My Koolmoves built site is now up and running.

There are a couple of issues to resolve.

If you click on a new video clip before the current one is finished loading (not playing) it will lock up the flash player (should be fixed soon) The photo area is not there yet. and the file area is still a ways off. But the basics are there and I'd appreciate feedback.

The only thing not done in KM is the video player and the videos.

Size is getting a little big and may seperate the interactive page to a loaded swf. Is there a way to pull that clip out and make a new free standing clip so I can load it in at run time?

My Site
    Last edited by blanius; 12-23-2004 at 10:39 PM.

In the start the index page loaded very fast so no problem there.

Note: Look at the top right hand corner of the CINE link and then look at the shadow and you should see a white square at the top.

The problem of the locking up (I assume the CINE link) gave me a warning that macromedia may run slowly when I clicked when a video was loading. It really did nothing at all. I could watch them all but the videos are way too large to look at with my 56K modem. Maybe you are targeting people with T1 lines. Please give a size of the file being downloaded so that people like me can see what we are waiting for in terms of time...

.Size is getting a little big and may seperate the interactive page to a loaded swf. Is there a way to pull that clip out and make a new free standing clip so I can load it in at run time?

Use LoadMovieNum to load the interactive stuff when the web page index.html firsts loads. (the buttons seem to be inactive???)Never tried this myself, and it may delay the way your web page loads at the start. Try to make sure the swf's are not gigantic in the first place. Then again i am not sure of the question. Hope that this helps.

My first KoolMoves!

I got hold of Koolmoves a week ago, and I'm hooked! I'd being toying with getting hold of Flash but the price seriously put me off. I just kind of jumped in with KM (well, it's the best way to learn!) and this forum had all the hints and tips I needed when I got stuck. I'd seen the neat Flash animation on other sites but didn't realise how much fun it was to MAKE this stuff!

Our uni class is having a re-union this summer, so I've made a kind of "Flash invite" that we've emailed to people. If you want to take a look at what I managed to make in my first week click here! I'm quite proud of it really

Great program, great tips from people on here! Can't see me needing Flash proper for a long while yet
    Last edited by sdg_uk; 03-26-2006 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I have moved the page that the animation is on!
    Just five more minutes...

There is no way you could have made this site so fast and clean. It is too impressive

This is really Kool

Hi Mr Moore, it got me thinking and ultimately having a closer look too.
    There is no way you could have made this site so fast and clean. It is too impressive
    Really impressive.Loads of action script too and not a single call for help. Well Done.
    One thing I was wondering about though is how you managed to get KoolMoves to translate your button commands as pure action script,

"on (release) {
    stopSounds();
    _root.gotoandplay("Start");
    }

when the KM default would be a multiple command (1) "Go to Keyframe 3 and play on release" (2) Stop sounds on release" unless you scripted them manually, which you obviously did. Seems a very advanced and complicated, not forgetting to mention "Really Impressive" way to go about things for a week long user. Cheers
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for visiting my site, and for the positive feedback! The play again button at the end is hand coded - I had problems at first with the sound looping on top of itself. I just kind of pieced the code together by looking at example scripts posted in the fourm, a bit of knowledge about script, some trial and error, and being very stubborn
    My signature line of "Just five more minutes..." gives a clue as to how I got the flash done in a week. It only takes five more minutes to get the text just right.. and then five more to get the button working... and before you know it it's 3:30am and you're still convinced it'll be finished in just five more minutes

and before you know it it's 3:30am and you're still convinced it'll be finished in just five more minutes
    Man does that sound familiar

My KoolMoves Kards

Is there some place I can go to get treated for KM addiction! I'm hooked.

I always wondered how they made those little animated birthday cards. Well, now I know, and here's my first one one that I made for a friend's 30th. A bit of clip art and hey presto. Instant card!

I also made a valentine card for my wife (thank you KM - I hadn't bought one and the e-card went down a treat). That's on my site too, but it comes with an extreme cheese factor! If you think you can cope then you can take a look... show me the cheez!

I think I probably ought to stick with my day job as an engineer, but this stuff is so much fun

just tell your wife that it took sooo many hours to create the e-card

Not cheezy at all mate,, it's pure putrifying gorgonzola. But it's a nice little presentation, in fact I might nick it for when the missus gets on her next high horse lol,, Nice work.
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

Check -

Here's my Koolmoves site:

www.armanbohn.com

Based on my love for the Atari 2600!

I love koolmoves!
    Last edited by wildstar; 03-15-2005 at 09:22 PM.

Countdown timer and random triggers

I've been playing again! My sister is expecting a baby in a few weeks, so I thought it would be neat to make a countdown to the due date. I specifically wanted a timer where the numbers "scroll round" like a mileometer in a car. Couldn't find one so I did a custom job on a "static" timer.

In the course of writing the final animation I also messed around with some movie clips that are triggered at random (a teddy bear, a butterfly, and a baby chuckling). For the bear and butterfly there's a little bit of actionscript to make sure they don't trigger if they're already playing.

It's on my homepage if you want to check it out.

Hello

Finally after some months I´ve my first two KM webs.

www.dzcab.lv
    Architecture studio on Riga. For this i did more thanten differents test, finally is this but i don like anymore and i will change soon. That bird is idea of owner and i´m still waiting to put his original bird design.
    I had some technicals problems with scripts and latvian language (not possible on dynamic text) and for next i´ll need to do it lighter, this is 500kb, people say is slow.
    On future there will be more pictures.

www.riga-hostel.com
    Under construction. I´m happy with my work here it looks good
    there is new project on:
    http://www.riga-hostel.com/web1.html

By the way i´ll be working on this hostel, probably we open on may, i hope.

And, last but not less, my own page
    www.castronauta.tk
    I like also, there are links to other projects which i have to finish or fix. I like specially "candels"

You can see my first steps on flash with Cofee cup firstarter on "workcamps".

THat´s all until now

Juan Castro