A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

Nice work castro but keep one thing in mind,,, when you work with flash as a general page builder,,, don't use all the flashy effects just because they are there,, try to keep it simple. The less bull**** then the longer your potential customers will stay and digest the whole site. Have a look at this.. it's 100% koolmoves but it was voted as the most user friendly site in Valencia in last years IUMA expo http://www.sofasria.com also this one has just had some nice write ups as being informative, user friendly and simple to navigate,,, I don't really agree with the action stuff and the silly colours but the client wanted it and as always,, the customer is always right lol.But apart from that.. it is a very user friendly site. http://www.chaletspain.com

So what I'm basically saying that it's possible to make a good "Flash" site but try to stay away from "Flashy" sites. The more crud you place on your page then the more customers are going to get bored and go somewhere else... It's a well known fact. Cut out the long intros and give pertinent contemt about your product. When you think about it,,,, that's why the visitors hit your site in the first place,,, for pertinent information,,, not impertinent intros.
    Last edited by gusmus; 03-18-2005 at 12:41 AM.
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

Do not see were firestarter is used.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by castronaut

www.riga-hostel.com
    I like the outline of the buildings. This has always been one of my favorite ways of presenting a city.

www.castronauta.tk

You can see my first steps on flash with Cofee cup firstarter on "workcamps".

Do not see were firestarter is used.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Firestarter was good to start but very poor to make good flash web pages.
    Koolmoves is better, of course

On workcamps section
    Italy 02
    http://arriu.freeservers.com

Serbia 04
    http://dvorskabasta.emartweb.com

Juan Castro
    www.castronauta.tk

I also like your home page with the golden triangle. I think it is off to a great start. You could stop some of the pop ups as they are bothersome.

As for coffee cup, they have to shamelessly advertise their name on the software. Even after you pay for it. The software works good but c'mon.

About pop ups

I use Opera, i've forgot what is pop up.

And how i said , i didnt like that web www.dzcab.lv, so now there is new design, more simple, very simple and not so heavy, 173kb instead of 500.

Juan Castro

www.castronauta.tk

Actionscripted animation

I've been playing around with ActionScript to try to get the hang of duplicating clips and so on. I can't believe how powerful this stuff is! My latest effort is here - it started as a bit of an experiment. I started with just making clips move with script, and then the code kind of grew to include making simple patterns. Then somehow color changing got included.

The end result was somewhat unexpected, but its actually quite relaxing.

Best described as "musical circles" I guess.

The only downside is I can't stop KMing now...

Addition: I decided to collect together everything I did and make it accessible from this page rather than having to hunt around the site
    Last edited by sdg_uk; 03-26-2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Page with the Flash animation has been moved
    Just five more minutes...

Site Check

Hi Guys,

Here’s a web site I’ve designed and created with KM recently. Please take a look when you have a moment and let me know what you think.

www.skirmishbristol.co.uk
    The only limitation is your imagination.

Re: Site Check

Originally posted by Pellinore
    Hi Guys,

Here’s a web site I’ve designed and created with KM recently. Please take a look when you have a moment and let me know what you think.

www.skirmishbristol.co.uk
    Excellent, freaking great, awesome, the best yet! Other koolmovers should try the skirmish game locaded in the menu at the top right.

Skirmish Game

Hi,

Sorry to mis-lead you there slightly, I forgot to mention earlier that unfortunately the game accessed through the link uses Flash MX. (via a third party) The skirmish.co.uk site is purely KM, and I am hoping to create a game specifically for them sometime in the future with KM of course.

Apologies tmoore for getting you excited
    The only limitation is your imagination.

Right,,, you have the ability... BUT,,, now think about this,, You've just scared away about 50% of your possible customers,,, Your Flash presentation is f$%&ing brilliant,,, but the presentation as a web page is Sh&t,, Have a look at what you are trying to promote,,, Flash is not the Bees Knees,,, it's a tool to be used within the normal internet rules and accepted norms. You have tried to write new rules and it will fail unless you conform... I don't care what anybody says,,, The web runs on html and we have to live with it,, make your pages compatible,, and you'll be helping the flash lovers as well as yourself. This isn't a heavy critiscism,,, just a pointer to make pages conformable,,, and I really do like your production,, bit obscure at times but it's really good...Cheers
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

Degenerate and baise art thou. docree's Avatar
    Hey, gusmus...
    I bet ya did not see the links at the bottom of the "splash" page.

Pellinore has made alternative pages, such as a text only version.
    [Great presentation design, by the way.]

Thanks, for reminding us of html, gusmus...
    As I have said before, html is the "cake" of the web and flash is the "frosting".
    KM really takes the cake.

MMMMMMMMMM cake, cake doughnut.
    Doc'Ree

Still in the works, but you get the idea

Re: Still in the works, but you get the idea

Originally posted by tmburge
    http://www.mislabeledrecords.com/
    i did not find the songs and never saw a rapper with a (Gibson?) acoustic. I do like the faded images of yourself and the guest book is very nice.

it's staying this way for a while, lol

After a few site designs, I found one I like. Pretty simple and not much fancy but it does the job. The image of the whirlwind is an image I made back in 2002 when I first started flashpulse.com. I used it on my original website which was all html and no flash. I haven't made very many, just html, sites since my purchase of KM.

My first try

Ok if you read the forums at all you will see I am very new to this, here is my first attempt, any feedback and tips I would greatly appreciate. http://www.jonathanbaird.com

Re: My first try

Originally posted by jonathanbaird
    Ok if you read the forums at all you will see I am very new to this, here is my first attempt, any feedback and tips I would greatly appreciate. http://www.jonathanbaird.com
    Nice work so far! Looks and sounds good.

Re: My first try

I like it, especially the city at the top of the page.

thanks

I know it is not fully functional yet, but I am working on that. Can one of you tell me how to make it resize to the viewers screen res? Or is that not possible?

Re: thanks

I know it is not fully functional yet, but I am working on that. Can one of you tell me how to make it resize to the viewers screen res? Or is that not possible?
    I don't recomend this because it will make your text unreadable by some. I think the current standard to design with is 800*600.

But if you want change the width and height to

WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%"

and add this to the body using your own background color.

<BODY bgcolor="#XXXXXX" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

Also if the swf is loaded and not the html, the swf will resize itself to the screen.

thanks

That worked great, I appreciate it.