A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: $69Yr Australian.com.au there got to be cheaper.

$69Yr Australian.com.au there got to be cheaper.

I am currently registered with http://www.godaddy.com who i feel is the best but we do i go for something like this for .com.au australian are rediculoesly dear there's got to be a better place.
    $40 dollars a year was the best place i found but i can find it anymore.

are you meaning hosting or registering the domain?
    --T
    <:8O)~~~ RATS! they ate my footer! ~~(O8:>

Sorry , i meant just to register a domain for a year. Hosting I have found easy to find and good prices but not in Australia i mite add as well , icdsoft.com and they will host any domain extentions (I have to go out of my own country to get a decent price..). So maybee there is an American company as well with a better domain name regististration price for com.au or some other place??

My BF who does this stuff said that $60.00 is reasonable price.

Apparently you should not (cannot?) register .com.au domains Overseas.

From what I can tell it all revolves around Melbourne IT? but do not quote me on that
    <:8O)~~~ RATS! they ate my footer! ~~(O8:>

Originally posted by TianaKaeSha
    My BF who does this stuff said that $60.00 is reasonable price.

)
    He would be happy to hear that since i've been researching this thing. I have found planetdomain.com at $USD45 i havent calculated that into Australian dollars but it would be about $AUD85 dollars but that's for two years which is a bonus. They are tied in with iprimus.com.au in fact there been the best ISP (which is another subject) i have used and reliable but 99$ for three months but they we're good. Which makes me think that registering with them for domains will also be trustworthy.
    Yes domain registration is tied in to MelbourneIT which suckhs in some ways because i think they rule the pricing but it's kind of good to keep it all in Australia though. But i guess because its such a small place that's why it's dearer then bigger countries.
    O'well at the end of the day it's my customers paying for it , i'm just trying to do them a samll favour.