A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Nav check: to confusing?

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar

Nav check: to confusing?

Don't know if everyone will get it, so I need some feedback. There's nothin there except the menu...
    //vipergeckofreak

thanks
    <-- was lost..

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    Viper

Ya should know you always do the best work. No its not confusing and the design, as usual, rocks.
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

thanks dude.
    <-- was lost..

I got it.. it's instinct to roll over the image.. If you want it more apparent maybe add a pulsing > or // on the left side of the black bar to help the user out. Also the image moves a bit from your animated vector.. Maybe try a mask so it doesn't interfere with the picture.

yeah i noticed the little twich it has..still tryin to get it too stop. its all a/s movement, no tweens. a mask should work.

thanks
    <-- was lost..

jeez...how about a few more replies?
    <-- was lost..

It is easy to find now, becuase your navigation is the only thing on your site. When you add more content the user won't be so attracted to your upper image. It would be nice you if you had the words 'navigate here' or something like that on you black navigation bar. You could pull it off with a tiny pixel font. It all really depends on how your site changes when you add content. There isn't much to be said since your site is not functional.

Welcome to flavour country
    I can't really see any reason to hide the navigation for your site. It's generally one of the more integeral parts and hiding it indicates you want your visitors to have to work to get around your site.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning.

I dont think its too confusing, infact, I like it a lot!!

Whatever you do, whenever it comes to mind is the time to do it.

Originally posted by thewiz1972
    I can't really see any reason to hide the navigation for your site. It's generally one of the more integeral parts and hiding it indicates you want your visitors to have to work to get around your site.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning.
    i never thought into it that deep. lol.
    <-- was lost..

in general it's probably not a good idea to hide the navigation, especially if it doesn't really serve a huge purpose to your overall theme of the site...

right now it looks like you're site is relatively standard and familiar (not a bad thing at all), but you're using a navigation that breaks with the familiar. sometimes this is good, other times it gets in the way of users accessing your information.

i don't know who you're going to be pitching this site to, so take my comments with a grain of salt. but if you're going to be pitching it to people in your community who may need a site, keep in mind they're not as web savvy as the people on these boards; instead, they may just think there's nothing there. If you're pitching it to higher level people who may be familiar with the technology, chances are they're not gonna have the time to play hide and seek with the core method of navigating through your content.

just consider putting what you want your customers/audience to see right in front of them.

I wouldnt hide it, you must remember that everyone here has gone looking for it.

thanks for comments. i did add a "NAVIGATION" text to the top bar. maybe i wont use it...you'll have to wait and see...

tahnks again.
    <-- was lost..