A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i'd love a site check

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar

i'd love a site check

http://www.matbastian.com

working on what I hope is a clean, more stylish design. Can you all check it out. See if everything looks ok.

Also, I was force to put the image in the header as a background and use a spacer image. This made a rather obnoxious white space between the header image and the navigation table. The problem was that, when I put the image in as it should go, it would sort of offset in the table and not line up correctly with the scalable part that I wanted to use as a background for the header. Has anybody ever run into anything like that, and if so, how did you fix it. This is the first time I have had to cut up an image in photoshop and use an image in the background, so maybe I did something wrong. I just found it weird that it lines up just right if I put both header images as backgrounds.

Thanks,
    Mat

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    anyone?

Welcome to flavour country
    Looks good. You might want to try for a little more consistancy regarding your fonts and the font size tho.

THere are several problems in your html code that might fix the problem....

In the body tag you need to have marginwidth=0 and marginheight=0 (the ones you have are for Netscape, these are for Explorer).

The cell that has the spacer gif has a height of six, but the spacer gif is only 1 pixel high...this is probably why the white space (you could also change the color of this cell to black or some other color).

Your cells are missing the ALIGN=LEFT VALIGN=TOP tags, this would keep everything aligned correctly.
    Lauren
    http://www.outboxin.com

looks fine to me. a bit white, but it has a nice touch.

keep working