A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: °°How to import an animation made in POSER?

°°How to import an animation made in POSER?

Hi,

in Poser you can export a 3ds-max-file, i know that and you can import it into swift 3d and that works really fine. But does anybody knows how to import an animated person from Poser into Swift?

I appreciate any advice

O mi to fo
    -Attila-

I don't have the program, but I am pretty sure that you cannot do this. You CAN, however, capture each frame as a JPG or GIF, and just import that animation into Flash.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.

Thats burns my mind.

I have been experimenting with Poser the last few days, making several animations. If you have the Pro Pack, you can export your poser-made animation to swf and sequential images, but not to something that swift can import, at least not that I have figured out yet!
    My opinion, make your animation in poser, export it to swf, then make your scene in swift, export that to swf, import both into flash to put them together.

Mike

caithness massiv
    well if you can get your poser animation into max you can always export that max scene to .3ds and from there swift should import it fine... but we can't import a poser file directly

THX guys°°

Thank you all for your reply but there are still some questions open
    First question is, that i had problems with importing a row of pics into flash. I import 120 pics of my animation and I just see one keyframe and the first picture. They are named correctly and I do not know how to solve this.
    The second problem is that if I make a movie in Poser, I do have the ProPack, the quality of the SWF-Animation is much more less good than with a exported 3DS-file, or where can I set the quality.
    And the last problem is about the exported 3DS-file. I tried it but it's just one file that you can import into swift. For example I have a 120frame-animation and export it into a 3DS-file I get 120 3Ds-files and I can't import them into Swift at the same time

hmmm, questions over questions but I hope you can give me some answers
    -Omitofo-

Attila

I have found that Poser creates pretty large swf files. One way to bring them down are to reduce the number of colors used in the swf. As far as your flash problem, try going to frame 100 and inserting a frame. This may help or it may not. But the animation should be there.

Mike

caithness massiv
    if you select the first pic in your sequence and import flash should ask you if you want to import the rest of the pics as an animated sequence... that will create the proper amount of keyframes automatically

however, if you select all the pics at once and import you will get all of the pics on just 1 keyframe

the pro pack swf export is definitely not the best... but you could use optimaze to reduce the filesize

and i wish poser would export an animated 3ds file rather than multiple 3ds files... either way, it wouldn't be prudent to import each 3ds file separately into swift (which i've done)... but it may be smart to attempt to merge each of the 3ds exports into one 3ds export on a per-keyframe basis inside of max (something i haven't tried yet... but i have a feeling it could be done)

anyway i wish i could help more... if you can find a way to export your poser animation as a single 3ds file you will be able to get the result you desire from within swift... otherwise, i'd say the best course of action is to import the sequence of images (albeit the larger of the alternatives... it's better than nothing)