A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: WEBSITES DONE IN KOOLMOVES ?

Lightbulb

Hi, Does Anyone Know Of Any Websites That Have Been Totaly Made With Just Koolmoves?

Kool Kit is 100% Kool Moves except for the html intro which is my fault becuase I am still messing with the intro. Andrew C did a really nice one all in Kool Moves- (Search for posts by AndrewC with the search function to find it.)

The top half of the Kool Moves webpage I would assume was done all in Kool Moves.

Brad Bradley is working on a 100% Kool Moves Site.

A SWF site done with Kool Moves is on my long to-do list.

Someone started a cartoon- called "Knuckleheads?" all in Kool Moves.

Someone named Elvis did something in Kool Moves.

I have many samples done with Kool Moves strone all over the this Board and a perhaps one or two in the art and anime board.

All 3 of the SWF Tutorials I did and The SWF Tutorial that Andrew C did were done in Kool Moves.

I have a site on a intranet that was done in Kool Moves- Sorry can't show it to you.

Super Moderator
    Yes, the top half of the KoolMoves web site was done exclusively with KoolMoves.

Smile Thanks

Thanks For the fast responce.

When will your site be online?

I understand brad has done koolkit in koolmoves, very good.

There seems to be a lot more sites and banners done in swish?

Is this because swish has more affects or is easier?

Do you think a combined use of koolmoves and swish is the way to go..

Originally posted by johnie
    Kool Kit is 100% Kool Moves except for the html intro which is my fault becuase I am still messing with the intro. Andrew C did a really nice one all in Kool Moves- (Search for posts by AndrewC with the search function to find it.)

The top half of the Kool Moves webpage I would assume was done all in Kool Moves.

Brad Bradley is working on a 100% Kool Moves Site.

A SWF site done with Kool Moves is on my long to-do list.

Someone started a cartoon- called "Knuckleheads?" all in Kool Moves.

Someone named Elvis did something in Kool Moves.

I have many samples done with Kool Moves strone all over the this Board and a perhaps one or two in the art and anime board.

All 3 of the SWF Tutorials I did and The SWF Tutorial that Andrew C did were done in Kool Moves.

I have a site on a intranet that was done in Kool Moves- Sorry can't show it to you.

Re: Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Artexer

Do you think a combined use of Koolmoves and Swish is the way to go..

Yes, Swish and Kool Moves are interoperable and is a very good combination. Be careful though becuase Swish tends to have a lot of frames and does not play right in Flash 5.0 viewers. Kool Moves actually played slower in Flash 4 at certain movie speeds and will play correctly in Flash 5 -go figure? Kool Moves's built in timing mechanism will (the sounds and actions interface) shows the correct speeds time between frames in Flash 5.

The reason why you see more banners in Swish is becuase Kool Moves hasn't gotten the press that Swish has. Everyone knows what Swish is but how many people knows what Kool Moves is? The simple truth is that more people are using Swish than Kool Moves- it does not make Kool Moves a lesser program- It just makes Kool Moves less used. Just like I am willing to bet that there are more versions of Front Page- or Front Page Express(Microsoft gives this one away when you download explorer-they just don't tell you they do it) in use than there are Dream Weaver- Does this make Dream Weaver the lesser product? I am also willing to bet that there are more copies of MS Media Player (becuase it comes pre-installed on new Windows Computers than their are installed versions of Real Player) does that make it a better product? It just means that the one company has a better marketting and didtribution plan than the other.

The problem is that Kool Moves users just need to put their work up for veiw- and advertise it.

Super Moderator

Re: Re: Thanks

Thanks Johnie.

i agree

I agree some software does not get the credit it deserves...
    I E KOOLMOVES

It seems to me that their are only a few realy fired up members on this site.

You Brad And BOB

I think the Koolkit is a great idea.

I think there needs to be more involvement by other members
    i will think of some sort of incentive to get them interested.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnie
    Originally posted by The Artexer

Do you think a combined use of Koolmoves and Swish is the way to go..

Yes, Swish and Kool Moves are interoperable and is a very good combination. Be careful though becuase Swish tends to have a lot of frames and does not play right in Flash 5.0 viewers. Kool Moves actually played slower in Flash 4 at certain movie speeds and will play correctly in Flash 5 -go figure? Kool Moves's built in timing mechanism will (the sounds and actions interface) shows the correct speeds time between frames in Flash 5.

The reason why you see more banners in Swish is becuase Kool Moves hasn't gotten the press that Swish has. Everyone knows what Swish is but how many people knows what Kool Moves is? The simple truth is that more people are using Swish than Kool Moves- it does not make Kool Moves a lesser program- It just makes Kool Moves less used. Just like I am willing to bet that there are more versions of Front Page- or Front Page Express(Microsoft gives this one away when you download explorer-they just don't tell you they do it) in use than there are Dream Weaver- Does this make Dream Weaver the lesser product? I am also willing to bet that there are more copies of MS Media Player (becuase it comes pre-installed on new Windows Computers than their are installed versions of Real Player) does that make it a better product? It just means that the one company has a better marketting and didtribution plan than the other.

The problem is that Kool Moves users just need to put their work up for veiw- and advertise it.

I like to think I am pretty fired up abut KM. I'm working on a site built completely with KM as well. It is slow going since there is no rush and I am a perfectionist though. I'll post a link if it ever gets done. I did complete an intro to my personal site, however . Check it out if you want...

http://bcc.doellefeld.com

Yeah KoolMoves, deserves more attention, I wish I could do more, its a great program, and has great features, it just needs to be pushed. I am working on a high-end, high-bandwidth, site made completely in KoolMoves, thought there will be some .html, and I will post it on the FlashKit site check and cool sites forums, hopefully it will get some peoples attention, we shall see, I keep getting delayed by colds, and personal problems, sigh.....well don't give up on KoolMoves, hey, I bought SWISH and barely use it, I just like KoolMoves better.

Brad

You won't like this but

I would have to agree that Koolmoves deserves more attention but it needs marketing. It is permanently being compared to Swish. It is better concept but first impressions on their respective sites do not compare.

The bottom line is that the first impression of Swish is impressive and Koolmoves lags behind.

Koolmoves needs 2 things
    1) a stable, bug free release that isn't constantly changing
    2) A marketing strategy, that targets professionals and looks good when people first visit the site.

Andrew

1) a stable, bug free release that isn't constantly changing
    >thats a good point, maybe when this release is bug checked, Bob can continue but leave this version as an alternative download for those who want a stable version.

2) A marketing strategy, that targets professionals and looks good when people first visit the site.
    >What do you suggest?

Brad

Brad

Just better, broader, more impressive marketing, with impact on the web site and associated sites. The details are a matter of personal chioce.

The thing is, what market is KoolMoves trying to reach. I know it was originally started so young kids would be able to do Flash animations. The question is, is that still the market, or are we trying to make it a professional design tool, I think we are. One comment, about the animation on the KoolMoves site, its cool, I like it, but I don't know if its appealing to the audience we may be trying to reach, remember most Flashers, look for flashy and high tech animations and such, that is what attracts there attention and makes them want to purchase the product, so they can "make stuff like that" Just my opinion.

Brad

I agree with Andrew-

Kool Moves needs to break its image as being an alternative to Swish. Part of the Problem here is that a lot of Flashers see anything Non-Flash in the same group. The funny thing is that if you are going to compare Kool Moves to any product it should be compared to Moho, Poser, or Retas. This is one of the reasons why I would love to see export to SVG, MNG or something else (DivX?) so that people outside of the Flash comunity would want Kool Moves to help animate for them.

I have even submitted 3 Kool Moves tutorials to Flash Kit and is there a Kool Moves section? No- Bob and Brad ended up posting my Tutorials. BTW- I am working on a new one- will get it out late tonight.

The constant beta's don't bother me. In fact a bug free- stable version of anything means that the product is not going to developed further- Macromedias Flash has bugs in it. I actually am impressed at the rate of developement and stability of the tool try Trace2K another rapidly developing tool and see how much work you can get done with it. Kool Moves didn't get the Swish-Flash-Livemotion-Flash 5 Player bug (This was actually a Bug in Macromedias code not Swish's or Adobes). The Kool Moves Time line shows the correct times in its "sounds and actions" interface even in earlier versions.

I agree what we need to do is get the word out. We need to tell the community at large that here is an affordable app that will help you animate and among other things it exports as SWF, could be used to make games, and could be used to design perfectly laid out Web interfaces. We need to get ZD net, Nonags, Twocows, and other software review sites to index Kool Moves.

Finally we need to get magazines and other print media to write about Kool Moves. Perhaps what is needed is a book on how to use Kool Moves?

Super Moderator
    I am going to devote more time to generating links to KoolMoves outside the flash world. I submitted a professionally written press release to 1600+ editors a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I am a programming not a marketing person. And, I don't have the time nor energy to do both well. I have heard that marketing software requires as much effort as developing it. We are aligned with AnimationOnline.com which does reach a general animation audience and from which we get a lot of our sales.

In response to a previous post, I don't see our main market as professional flash developers. To crack that market is like trying to sell PaintShop Pro to PhotoShop users. We are interested in the millions of average web designers that want to move up from static web pages or animated gifs. We have attracted people like Brad who are interested in real animation but I question if that is a big market (no offense Brad).

None taken

I think the animation biz could be a big market for KoolMoves, there are only a few 2d animation programs out there, and even few have flash output, and even less of those are even slightly affordable. I know there are a great deal of animators out there that would love KoolMoves if they new where to find it, and such, all comes back to marketing. If there is anything we can do to help Bob?

Brad

SORRY MATE

Originally posted by WebExec
    I like to think I am pretty fired up abut KM. I'm working on a site built completely with KM as well. It is slow going since there is no rush and I am a perfectionist though. I'll post a link if it ever gets done. I did complete an intro to my personal site, however . Check it out if you want...

http://bcc.doellefeld.com

SORRY WEBEXEC
    and anyone else that i missed out , i was just making a point about how KOOLMOVES needs more exposure.