A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerpoint in Swish presentation

Powerpoint in Swish presentation

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please help? I need to run a Powerpoint presentation in a swish presentation. I need to link the Powerpoint presentation from a button within swish, so it will open a new window and then back again to the Swish presentation. I would appreciate any assistance on this subject, thank you.
    GPensri

hello, old chap i'm sure you've been waiting for a response to your question. now, i'm not very much familiar with ppt's, but i'm responding just so you won't think you're being ignored.

the only suggestion i can offer is to open a window from swish and let your ppt run in there. perhaps loading your ppt into a sprite would be another way.

hth

powerpoint

I thank you for being so kind, and I have the same dilemma as you I do not know a lot about running powerpoint in swish. I know you can do it the other way round with no problem. But I have a very large swish presentation and need a link to the powerpoint slides then back again to the swish presentation. I am unfamiliar with linking such programmes to swish unfortunately for me it needs to be on my clients desk tomorrow and I thought by now I would have succeeded in having it completed... oh dear!
    GPensri

Hi GPensri,

When I first read this post, I did not respond because I wanted to check on something. I believe there is a security issue with running something like a powerpoint presentation (in the 'pack n go) as an exe from within a Swish or Flash component. I believe this was addressed a while back in another thread. If you are attempting to run the PowerPoint presentation from the web via a Swish / Flash interface, I think you are going to have a few issues to contend with, mainly security issues as well as calling out to an 'exe' if possible would require that the exe exist on the visitor's computer. If you are attempting to do this as a presentation from a CD Rom, you may be able to bypass the security issues with the Flash plug-in. I think that you would hacve to use the 'pack-n-go' and compile your Powerpoint presentation as an exe file. Hope that helps...

Just my $ .02
    ..--==Brian==--..
    There is no "Try". You either DO or you do NOT, DO.

it be nothing.
    sorry to hear that. let me send a message to bdering. if i remember correctly, he's familiar with ppt's.
    hang on in there, pls.

powerpoint

thanks for the advice..

the swish presentation is my own and the powerpoint presentation is from the company I am doing it for, so as far as I know all is legal and above board.

I just want to click on a button from the Swish presentation and run the powerpoint presentation. It will be burned to cd for them to present at a board room meeting with their clients. What I need to know is how to do it?? (in plain an simple language PLEASE!)
    GPensri

just a thought, GPensri, what about recreating those ppt slides in swish? -- if they aren't too many, that is. that way, you'll have a total swish presentation.

p/s: btw, Brian, the inability to run executables from within swish if the viewer has flash player v6 may not make it work, right?
    Last edited by sauvage; 12-15-2002 at 06:23 PM.

Hi sauvage

I was thinking the same thing if it is the only way to get in on their desk by the morning it might be the thing to do. I've done links to web pages and mailto but this one eludes me! I don't want to lose my biggest client because of a seemingly simple thing... well I thought it would be simple!

Thanks for all your help

Gina
    GPensri

Hi GPensri,

Okay, let's start from the beginning.... Do you have Powerpoint? Can you save the presentation as HTML? Can you call the html from your Swish movie???? Just some thoughts...
    ..--==Brian==--..

yes I have powerpoint and that sounds like a good idea, I'll see if it can be done.

thanks
    GPensri

if you choose that path, please email some of those ppt's to me and i'll help you recreate them into swish. and, no, i shan't charge you a single penny.

p/soops! so you aren't a chap sorry about that.
    Last edited by sauvage; 12-15-2002 at 06:36 PM.

Hi folks,

sauvage, since GPensri has PowerPoint and this is kind of a rush, I suggested making the slides into HTML (available within PowerPoint) to resolve the getting the presentation to play issue. Though, I think that you are right on target as having the whole thing in Swish would make a MUCH cleaner overall presentation.

However you want to resolve it, if I can be of help... Just ask, I will do what I can to assist...

Just my $ .02
    ..--==Brian==--..

hi, Brian, you know better so, your recommendations would be it

Gina, you may want to pass some of those stuff to Brian and I. I have powerpoint also, so I can help. It's midnight there, so you'd need some sleep also.

powerpoint

thanks sauvage have a good nights sleep
    GPensri

midnight...that is early for me I will be up until at least 4am to get this working to pass it on in the morning. I am lucky and work from home.

Gina
    GPensri

sleep? what're you talking about i just got up!

oh, btw, plse dont open another thread on the same subject.

oops sorry about that... I am new to these forums.

I didn't know you had just woken up should have looked where you are in the world first.
    GPensri

that's ok. i posted a message there. have you had a look at it?

it's dawn where i am. as for you, Brian, your evening's just starting, isn't it?

now, let's stop talking and get down to biz. we mustn't lose our biggest client, you know?

HI,

Yes, it is 6:06 pm Sunday So, let's get at it...
    ..--==Brian==--..

thanks everyone for your help, it looks like the simplist solution was to make a button to another scene and run the slides within swish. So I saved the files as png and it looks just fine. Runs smooth and just needs a bit of tweeking.

Thanks you once again for all of your help.

Gina
    GPensri