A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is it me or does that Anfy ad just plain suck.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar

Is it me or does that Anfy ad just plain suck.

Hiya..
    Anyone else have a problem with the 400x400 ads that showing here at flashkit as of late?

Most are fine and pretty nice and well made, but the one that seems to be a real pain is the Anfy ad.. Besides being stretched and pixelated , the thing in very processor hungry.. I doubt if Im the only one running with system resources below par. Everytime I enter the main page or any other page that contains the Anfy ad, my comp slows down and whch in turn makes the site run slow in general..

The other one, which I only saw twice, was some big elaborate JAVA applet ad that kept popping up my Java virtual..Now that is a real pain.. I will say this..At least it not on ALL the message board pages, just the main board menu..

This really isnt a gripe, I understand that the advertising helps pay the bills..Just wondering if I was the only one experiencing the effect..

3PRIMATES

I haven't noticed slowdown with that ad, but I have noticed how poor it looks. And this really seems a strange place to be advertising a program that does stuff you can learn to do in the tutorial section for free. And the effects look pretty rubbish at that.

Although you can turn your page into a computer screen console message!

Ferg
    Never criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you DO criticise him, you're a mile away... plus you have his shoes!

Someone said that before. I noticed it too first time I came across it. Maybe someone here should do a better one and send it to 'em so we don't have that eyesore on FK.

Worst ad ever?

mullet king
    That stupid penknife one too... bleh!

*Hugs banner ad blocker

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    The cpu hungry stuff is their "anfy lake" they show in the ad, that actually is a waving flag (??!!). To do that effect, you have to have a masked instance of the whole image in every little slice. I was developing a water effect once, but I stopped, cause it was eating too much cpu, and I noticed that when testing on my slower "surf" computer. I thought that I had no use of it on site for all audiences. But I guess that anfy didnt take that in mind at all... I think that they should had sticked to java, they really have no bussiness in flash.
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .