A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Work Critique

Work Critique

Normally i would post this in the site check, BUT i was hoping for some advice on the photography.

The reason i'm asking for this, is that i am looking to invest some money in getting some better gear, as all my work was taken with a cheap Fuji Finepix 1300 and i feel limited with a non-slr. no depth of field, no shutter or aperature control, no lense options etc etc.

So i would love some advice, opinions or anything that could gimme and idea of how i'm doing. I think, considering the camera i have i've done a pretty good job, but digital slr's are aroun $4-5,000 , so you can see my aprehension.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and the site where my photos are is : www.juxtapresentations.com
    Last edited by juxtaman; 01-02-2003 at 12:57 AM.

nice design and photos, thats definatly my kind of style,
    as far as design goes the only thing I would think of changing is the colour on the pre loader may be to white or blue, the brown and black doesnt match the rest of the site.

Your pics are very cool I really like 11 and 8. nice job! Its nice to see pics of toronto now that Ive moved away. the only thing about the pics that I personally dont like is taking pics of homeless folk. I dont know why but try not too, even though they may make an interesting pic.

film camera will adventually get a as expesive as a digi with film costs and developing. i did a poll on were here forums about how many really good pics you get out of a 36 exposure roll of fill and the average answer was 2.
    If your like me and shoot slide film or B&W it gets dam expensive.

If you want to get your work published in print Id say stay away from digi but if its for the net you may as well go digi.

just to give you an idea of getting film to your computer cost.
    12 bucks for film
    10 bucks deveopled
    1 buck per slide scan ( you could get a slide scanner but a good ones atleast 5 hun)
    for me i drive to vancouver which is 2 hours away to get my film developed(half a tank of gas)

but i still say its worth it.

holy links! I didnt see treelinemedia.com in there?
    Last edited by treehugger; 01-02-2003 at 02:01 PM.
    www.treelinemedia.ca

Originally posted by treehugger
    nice design and photos, thats definatly my kind of style,
    as far as design goes the only thing I would think of changing is the colour on the pre loader may be to white or blue, the brown and black doesnt match the rest of the site.

Your pics are very cool I really like 11 and 8. nice job! Its nice to see pics of toronto now that Ive moved away. the only thing about the pics that I personally dont like is taking pics of homeless folk. I dont know why but try not too, even though they may make an interesting pic.

film camera will adventually get a as expesive as a digi with film costs and developing. i did a poll on were here forums about how many really good pics you get out of a 36 exposure roll of fill and the average answer was 2.
    If your like me and shoot slide film or B&W it gets dam expensive.

If you want to get your work published in print Id say stay away from digi but if its for the net you may as well go digi.

just to give you an idea of getting film to your computer cost.
    12 bucks for film
    10 bucks deveopled
    1 buck per slide scan ( you could get a slide scanner but a good ones atleast 5 hun)
    for me i drive to vancouver which is 2 hours away to get my film developed(half a tank of gas)

but i still say its worth it.

holy links! I didnt see treelinemedia.com in there?
    hey thanks for the reply.. your link is there now, although its more of a needle in a hey stack then a link. I know what you're saying about the homeless people, i usually give them money after i take it.. i feel better that way, i think i take them because its a side of a city that people overlook... I would never get my digi's developed, they're all taken at straight to web quality so it would be a waste, that's why i wanna go slr for the development reasons.