A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help!!!!!

Please Help!!!!!

I am having a problem and I am ready to smash my computer!!! I have created a flash intro for a band. There are lots of animations, graphics etc... There is also a mp3 that runs through the whole movie.

when I view my flash movie within flash every happens when it's suppose to.It's one of those movies where the graphics come on certain beats within the music. Anyway then i play the swf file and every thing is off. so adjust everything so it's good in the swf file and then embedded the swf file into an html page. I view it in the browser and everthing is off again. so once again I adjust the the browser and put it on line. It works perfect! then I test it on my second computer which has a faster cpu and everything is off again.

I came across this problem with other websites i have created, and all I did was put in a pre loader that loads the whole flash intro before it plays and it's worked great. but it will not work for this one! this is a fairly big intro ( almost 1meg in size )

does anyone have any answers for me? I have tried everything I could think of! I can i get it to work the same on all computers?

Thank you

Muehlman

I'm not sure because I've never really done anything like that... but there is a sync option. in Flash 5: Window>Panels>Sound, in MX I believe it'll be in the properties box.
    Timothy Boronczyk
    -http://home.twcny.rr.com/organman20/bluephoenix

in the sync option I have it set at Event. as far as i'm aware this should download the music before it plays. what should I have it at?
    confused and unsure.

Muehlman

I don't think there's anything you can do to correct the problem. As long as there are multiple movies running at the same time, then windows is gonna use more resource, also the graphics memory will be a factor. Your graphics performance will diminish and the movies will run slow and static like, even when the entire movie is loaded, but the sound will run normal. (ofcourse it will run fine on a hi performance system)

I have had the same problem and had to reduce the simultaneos movies.

Help meeeeeee!

-reduce the simultaneos movies. I'm unsure at what your saying? Do I need to mabey reduce the graphic images file size even further? would that help? Any more suggestions out there? I thank you to all out there for trying to help!!! hopefully someone out there has a solution though! I really need for this to work.

Muehlman

refering to movie clips within the main movie

Banned
    i just got your message to my company email (from my flash christmas card at www.intunemedia.com/christmas )

what i would do is set the music to "stream". then take as many of those animations in movie clips and put them in frames on the main timeline.

setting the audio to "stream" links it with the timeline and plays it with the items in the frames, its linked up better to what is seen in the timeline. do some playing with that its where you need to be... here is a quoted explanation from macromedia online materials

There are two types of sounds in Flash: event sounds and stream sounds. An event sound must download completely before it begins playing, and it continues playing until explicitly stopped. Stream sounds begin playing as soon as enough data for the first few frames has been downloaded; stream sounds are synchronized to the Timeline for playing on a Web site.
    good luck!
    (i sent this to you via mail also)
    derrickito