A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opinions wanted...

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar

Opinions wanted...

http://www.matbastian.com/new.html

Does that do anything for you guys, or is it played out? Does it look clean or sloppy? What does it need? What should I get rid of?

Just doing a site redesign and would like some input on the direction I'm going with it.

Thanks for your time and opinions folks!

it looks clean...
    it looks ok
    but its hard to judge the whole
    it depends on what the graphical content will be in the target
    frame i guess

grtz
    d

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin

Re: Opinions wanted...

Originally posted by serpent star

Does that do anything for you guys, or is it played out? Does it look clean or sloppy? What does it need? What should I get rid of?
    Opinions á la cosmic eye:

Vectorize the sexy big logo circle thing and use it in flash as a preloader (adding sum data visualisations to it).

In the top frame, keep the logo-text in its place, but use different background grafix for different sections of your site, make them similar looking thou. Place menu buttons on the gray bar, and use localconnection object for telling the preloader how the stuff is loading.

Or just keep the same backround, and use smaller bitmaps as icons for menu buttons, like the car. Then u could have them sliding controlled by the mouse, and have an alpha overlay under the logo-text.

These opinions are not worth jacka sh-t if you wasnt planning on using flash... or maybe they suck anyways
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for the suggestions folks... Cosmiceye, when you use the term "sum data visualizations) are you refering to something like, "94% loaded" I mean a display of loading progress? Just not up enough on the lingo...

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Well, yeah the % loaded, but showing that data as a visually shifting effect in your round logo.
    Nevermind lingo, just keep workin with your actionscript
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

hehe... thanks, gotcha.

It seems very cclean to me.Only it could use some depth .A liddle subtile light.As for your logo I don't seem to be impressed.Where does the sign stand for.Is there some concept for this.Don't think so. Also if you make a logo it has got a corporate image.What meens there are certain rules you have to attend.If like in your case u use the logo in a circle you can't place it in your banner without the circle.Sorry to tell you this but if you want it to look proffesional,make it proffesional.I'll be glad to give you some pointers if you'd tell me what your general idea is..

Grtzz

Thanks for the input.

I think the circle is actually secondary to the logo and I may remove it from the page. So many companies out there use a 3d square with a sphere floating around it that I feel it is terribly passe. I was trying to come up with a strong shape that is somewhat unique and memorable. Not sure if this one is. It kind of reminded me of sort of Star Trek / satellite looking graphic and seemed to fit the theme to my idea. I may be wrong, but thats where I was coming from with it.

I think of the Nike swoosh. What the heck does that mean and was that considered a corporatish image?

Ok I seem to get your idea.If you remove the circle things will be a lot better. Because the way I look at the circle I see more circle than content in the circle.As for the corporate image you could use the logo from the banner always with a bevel.This way you have your standard how it should be used.As for the rest .The logo would be a lot stronger if you'd find a good name that gets the idea of your logo and the content you are going to use.If you make a logo it's header must connect in some way with the illustration.If you'd still wan't it to use it this way I would place the text that stands wright to the logo a liddle bit more to the right.

Grtzz

looks good, really clean, the only problem i have with the design you made is that it doesnt mean anything, images arent "talking to me", same with text, seriously, the text under the name : politicians use that technique, a lot of words, not saying anything...