A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button to stay down

Button to stay down

How can I make a button that stays in a down state after I clicked it and moved the mouse and not going to the out state untill I click another button? If possible with basic button functions, because I've already made most of the things .. thanks

Have you tried making the downstate of the button an mc with a stop action, followed by another frame with the button returning to the upstate? Then, you could conceivably use simple actionscript to tell the movie which part of the button mc you would like to have visible at different points in the timeline.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Have you tried making the downstate of the button an mc with a stop action, followed by another frame with the button returning to the upstate? Then, you could conceivably use simple actionscript to tell the movie which part of the button mc you would like to have visible at different points in the timeline.
    Could you give me an example of such script please?]

thanks!

Hmmm. Well, I don't have the time to write something out for you, I was just suggesting that you could try it out if you hadn't already. It seems like it might work, but as with most issues that are found in Flash, it'll come down to trial and error in the end. Maybe someone else who views this thread can give you an example of this type of script that has already been written. If you are having trouble understanding the concept and would like to try it on your own, I would be happy to explain the concept a bit further.

Ok I did something... not in the most elegant way, but it works.
    Instead of having one menu, I have 3 options in the menu (A,B,C), I made 4 diferent copies of the same menu, one for every possible state and put it in four diferent frames, so by choosing an option from the menu, you jump around those frames. As I said, not exactly elegant way ...

I would like very much if you or someone else can explain me (in short) the concept behind that, because I'll definitely need that in the future.

Thanks!