A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Check is getting tense!

Site Check is getting tense!

Hi everyone.

Today, I found myself some time to browse around in the FK forums for the first time in a few months and discovered an unpleasant picture: it seemed to me the guys over at Site Check are setting an uncomfortably tense situation; every second thread I read contained some sort of a fight (not just kiddin' around)...I don't think a real community should allow such things......where are the mods/admins looking?

......interesting observation.....what do you think?

Mikhail
    Last edited by mmarkin; 12-28-2002 at 11:17 PM.

<3
    id crit it, but your thread title was so lame, i dont think im gonna anymore.

link them. they'll be closed or corrected.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

there is always an immature element to forums such as FK, we are probably one of the most heavily modded forums on the net but at the moment a lot of people are away for obvious reasons.

If you see a post that you think is out of order click the 'report post' in the bottom right of the post and we'll be able to take action.

cheers

Unfortunately, it's been getting worse and there's really nothing to do about it. It appears in Cool Sites as well. (I spend a lot of time there)

bah. like aversion said. you see it, report it!

where are the mods/admins looking?
    there are 3 of us in there at the moment. Irrelevant and abusive posts have been removed, a member has been banned and others have been warned.

Its a shame that some feel the need to act the way they do towards their peers but its a behaviour we dont allow here

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Originally posted by gdstudios
    Unfortunately, it's been getting worse and there's really nothing to do about it. It appears in Cool Sites as well. (I spend a lot of time there)
    Cool sites is very bad... I go there alot, but usually refrain from posting because I am certain that the vast majority of threads in there degenerate into people saying how bad a site sucks and doesn't belong there, 2A arguement threads, and pointless infighting "my taste in web design is better than yours" Flash snobs who are more intent on tearing a cool site down for no reason than acknowledging that a site is cool on some level or politely explaining why it isn't in thier opinion. That kind of commentary isn't appreciated in my world. If I think Gerbicks splash page is very cool, why can't I share it without the abuse that will soon follow by those who don't agree... not that anyone wouldn't agree gerbs.

is that a hint that I need to finish my site, serpentstar!?

Originally posted by serpent star
    Cool sites is very bad...
    have you discussed this with any of the Mods there ?

a

Originally posted by gerbick
    is that a hint that I need to finish my site, serpentstar!?
    nudge nudge wink wink say no more! yes it's a hint.

Aria... I have not and I know that would be a more appropriate course of action, but I usually end up drawn into those pathetic arguements, get angry and leave before I try to break out the scathing wit.

Originally posted by Aria
    have you discussed this with any of the Mods there ?

a
    Aria, there's really no need to discuss it with the mods there. Aversion knows about it, but what can you do. Lately, I have just tried to settle people down when things get rowdy. There's just no need for it you know? I go to that forum quite often for inspirational assistance and it's painful to see people fighting in there constantly.

nudge nudge wink wink say no more! yes it's a hint.

Aria... I have not and I know that would be a more appropriate course of action, but I usually end up drawn into those pathetic arguements, get angry and leave before I try to break out the scathing wit.
    The 2A arguments are the WORST! They just keep getting nastier and nastier...

well...if you need some more people to mod it, im on here at least 6 hours a day, and I can be a tough mofo, I guess I could do it

/shameless self promotion

I'm always up for helping on an official basis as well. Not sure that modships are handed out that easily though. *cough* *cough* Markp.

or maybe they are handed out to just any one... *cough*cough*.... markp...

lol

maybe starks should make a new rank, like junior mod or something, that would be pretty cool. And help out flashkit as well, like maybe 5 guys or something. I have seen it on a vb board before, so I know it can be done....everyone email stark and ask him

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Aria, there's really no need to discuss it with the mods there. Aversion knows about it, but what can you do.
    post in the Feedback forum when you see a forum you frequent for inspiration and help deteriorating - thats what I would do.
    Bring it to the attention of Admin and the rest of the team and discuss perhaps privately with the active mods of that forum (email?) what could be done or whether any action you feel needs to be taken.

Personally I had no idea there was an issue until now - i m not a regular in Cool Sites or Site Check.
    But will flag this thread and bring it to John's attention. Looks like this is something we need to address

thanks
    a

Originally posted by Aria
    post in the Feedback forum when you see a forum you frequent for inspiration and help deteriorating - thats what I would do.
    Bring it to the attention of Admin and the rest of the team and discuss perhaps privately with the active mods of that forum (email?) what could be done or whether any action you feel needs to be taken.

Personally I had no idea there was an issue until now - i m not a regular in Cool Sites or Site Check.
    But will falg this thread and bring it to John's attention. Looks like this is something we need to address

thanks
    a
    address junior mods with "we" as well.....there could be a handsome reward in it for ya

or maybe they are handed out to just any one... *cough*cough*.... markp...
    Nope- not anyone. I believe modding Markp was a good call and others mods who voted for him must have too.

Modding a member involves input from the entire team - not 1 person
    If you are unhappy with Admins decisions on a particular matter, use the Freedback forum or email
    a