A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site Check is getting tense!

Originally posted by Aria
    I believe modding Markp was a good call
    much agreed

I moved this to the Feedback forum - pls use the thread to discuss issues that concern the Cool Sites and Site Check forum or if you want to do so privately email/PM Admin and/or the mods.

Thanks

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Aria, The dig at markp was meant completely in jest. Sorry it wasn't taken that way... I thought I was covered with the smilie. Guess I need to work on those communication skills. Markp is a fine mod... I think... at least I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Sorry for the confusion...

Official Statement:
    markp is a fine mod who was well deserving of his position.

You know I really do see alty's idea as a potential way to cut back on some of the irritating posts that have been appearing in the cool sites forum. I'm not sure if I should be PM'ing mods about this, but it does sound somewhat reasonable, at the very least. If only there was some way police these types of threads more. Those 2A threads are very infuriating, but I don't want to have to be ratting ppl out constantly publicy in the feedback section. Perhaps PM'ing is the solution. Again, I don't want to come off like a whiner, but if you search for the 2A posts and read them, you'd all understand.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    You know I really do see alty's idea as a potential way to cut back on some of the irritating posts that have been appearing in the cool sites forum. I'm not sure if I should be PM'ing mods about this, but it does sound somewhat reasonable, at the very least. If only there was some way police these types of threads more. Those 2A threads are very infuriating, but I don't want to have to be ratting ppl out constantly publicy in the feedback section. Perhaps PM'ing is the solution. Again, I don't want to come off like a whiner, but if you search for the 2A posts and read them, you'd all understand.
    i agree about the 2A threads -

i sent an email to JOhn and we will discuss this in Team news. Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

I like Alty's idea as well
    a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

Aria, I just sent you a PM. Thx for looking into this. It's been a long time coming.

Civilian
    Thanks mmarkin and everyone. We have a thread going in the team room, now. There should be some movement shortly.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I'm not a Cool Sites regular (though I might be, with the recommendations of inspiration - I need all I can get ), but if I may throw my 2 cents in, the idea of making junior mods is perhaps going too far, as then you'll end up with more mods than regular users, and then you'll be back in the position that you are now.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by jstarkey
    Thanks mmarkin and everyone. We have a thread going in the team room, now. There should be some movement shortly.
    Thanks, John. Keep us posted.

Thanks, John. Keep us posted.

yeah, and me and you nrrf to be the first junior mods (if it happens) cause we invented it (sorta)

Agreed. Let the mods discuss this issue in the team room and see what they come up with. Hurricane makes a good point above, but I raised this issue in a PM to Aria earlier. Something needs to be done, so let's see what they come up with.

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    I'm not a Cool Sites regular (though I might be, with the recommendations of inspiration - I need all I can get ), but if I may throw my 2 cents in, the idea of making junior mods is perhaps going too far, as then you'll end up with more mods than regular users, and then you'll be back in the position that you are now.
    if you only have like 5-10 junior mods, then there is more help, but not a ridiculus amount of mods, just something to help them with their workload, or maybe do something like 1 junior mod to each section (Flash Help, Reviews, Help, Design & Animation etc...)

We shall see what the mods come up with.

We are humans unfortunately.

Recently I am not a regular visitor at Help forums or Cool Sites (or Site Check) but I agree, I did notice some kind of flaming going on.

I quite like this junior mods idea too -- give me the directions to that famous FK alley (and aversion, PM me the secret handshake).

Originally posted by serpent star

Official Statement:
    markp is a fine mod who was well deserving of his position.
    now that's just crazy talk
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

...I go to that forum quite often for inspirational assistance and it's painful to see people fighting in there constantly.
    This is so true....thats basically the main cause of my concern...

Mikhail

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    ...the idea of making junior mods is perhaps going too far, as then you'll end up with more mods than regular users, and then you'll be back in the position that you are now.
    This is all so true...

Originally posted by jstarkey
    Thanks mmarkin and everyone...
    Finally someone gave me credit....thanks John......

...Although I think I'll throw up if I post one more "I agree" post, the junior mod idea just sounds too good....

...Its funny how just a small post addressing a common issue sparks such a discussion...meh

Mikhail

Originally posted by mmarkin
    Finally someone gave me credit....thanks John......

...Although I think I'll throw up if I post one more "I agree" post, the junior mod idea just sounds too good....

...Its funny how just a small post addressing a common issue sparks such a discussion...meh

Mikhail
    That's where it starts. I've attempted to stir some commotion about it, but failed. Nice work. Now, hopefully, we can do something to finally end the nastiness that has been popping up in the review threads. Thanks for taking the initiative.
    Last edited by gdstudios; 12-29-2002 at 08:00 PM.

...Now, hopefully, we can do something to finally end the nastiness that have been popping up in the review threads...
    Amen!