A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: color change in photos....sorry im new

color change in photos....sorry im new

color change in photos....sorry im new. Currently i am using swish.
    my query is this, ill get straight to it.. color change in photos....sorry im new. To give you an example of this click on this,
    http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?...68&swfbgcolour= If i may, this is for reference only. In this swish demo, the colour of the acropollis changes from normal colour to blue then tainted red. I undestand this is most likely done in photoshop or fireowrks, saved at each change, then imported as a separate jpg into the movie. What is the procedure to change the colour to a negative colour? For the life of me i cant find it in photoshop. I am a newbie so forgive me, i am probably asking something quite easy and i apologise for my lack of understanding of the multimedi tools so far. If anyone can help me please please do, for i believe my intro for my web site is getting there, but i need lots of guidance and help to get there. Please let me know if anyone has a clue!
    Kind regards,
    Gibbo.
    Gibbosniper

sorry im new
    don't worry all of us are new in the beginning. no one but no one suddenly becomes an expert in anything.

this url seems wrong; i couldn't see any acropolis --> http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?...68&swfbgcolour=
    but not to worry,

If i may, this is for reference only. In this swish demo, the colour of the acropollis changes from normal colour to blue then tainted red.

in photoshop, go image > mode > grayscale and image > adjustments > curve
    after this, choose which primary colours you want and adjust the curve

in fireworks, go xtras > adjust color > hue/saturation > colorize and then play about with the sliders for hue, saturation, lightness

What is the procedure to change the colour to a negative colour? For the life of me i cant find it in photoshop.

in photoshop, go Image > adjustments > invert
    in fireworks, go xtras > adjust color > invert

hope this will get you going

cheers!

kris sauvage

hey thanks man,

hi there , many thanks man. Ive been working in swish a while and am slowly learning photoshop. To be honest i wish i learned photoshop and fireworks a whole lot sooner. Its complicated for a newbie like me. Stay tuned, i got a url going up soon and any advice would be great. Thanks again for saving me 1 weeks worth of dithering.
    Kind regards,
    Gibbo.
    Gibbosniper

you are most welcome, Gibbo glad to know my input has saved you a lot of bother. i look forward to seeing your handiwork. in the meantime, if you are stuck, please don't hesitate to post your questions.

all the best!

kris

ty for your help kris sauvagem here is my url

ty for your help kris sauvagem here is my url. http://www.odm555.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    Its an Intro for a war gaming squad that used a latin quote as the name for their squad. It has nice sound effects ii think lol .Tell me what you think if you get a chancE? Its just the intro web site to follow soon but you will be able to see by the intro the inverted colours you helped me to do. Many thanks again for your help.
    Kind regards,
    Gibbo.
    Gibbosniper

oh, you are always welcome, my friend

i'll take a look at your handiwork a few minutes from now and offer my tupenny's worth -- which you can always ignore, of course

awrighto, my friend i've lookit your handiwork.

in my humble opinion, i think you've done a marvellous job there. your colour scheme also complements the mood you're trying to create.

just two small points.

[1] the loading took quite a bit of time. it may be that your images are still too big, bytes-size. in case you don't have a program you can use to reduce the bytes-size, please send your images to me and i'll do it for you.

please take a look at the image i editted here. if the quality is acceptable to you, we can achieve the same reduction - 50%, which, even if i have to say so myself, is nothing to be sneezed at

[2] some of the words in the earlier part of your movie disappear too soon. perhaps making them stay a second or two more would be nice.

just my ¼-farthing worth, this

cheerio!

Thanks for your comments i agree,

Thanks for your comments i agree, and i did not know the movie still took a while to load! not as good as i first thought. The images are about 25k but and i compressed them in photoshop. If i could get them any smaller that would be amazing! It might be possible too that my sound effects are taking up alot of file size too, but i dont know how to compress the sound!. In swish i think it partially compresses the sound for you. Where would you like me to send the jpegs for you to look at? Can i reduce them more than 25k?.
    Well whatever the outcome you have helped me lots already! and i am very greatful.
    Thank you for helping me achieve my first step in web design, theres more to come i cant wait to make the rest of the site!
    Kind regards,
    Gibbo.
    Gibbosniper

hey, friend, you're most welcome i enjoy helping you, so feel free to ask. if you feel like it, you may even ask me direct and i shall try my very best to supply the answers you need.

it is advisable for us to import wav's into our swi's and let the program compress them. the built-in encoder actually does compress wav's much better than a few audio editting tools i know.

please send your jpegs to me
    if you have them, better send the uncompressed images (which would be in bmp, tiff or other "raw" formats).

oh, please zip them all together, too, i.e, all in one zip file.

as for sound compression, one way is to make our files mono instead of stereo -- provided it won't affect the quality too much. and reduce the sampling rate also. i think the best place to seek advice on this would be SoundFX.

cheers!
    Last edited by sauvage; 01-06-2003 at 03:41 PM.

hi, gibbo

i've compressed your 2 jpeg images further.

there are 3 variations of each.

two are of 1024x610px in case you do not want your visitor to have to scroll down to see the lower part of your movie. you see, with 1024x768 screen res, the height of the screen available is only ±610px.

i have left one of each at the original dimensions of 1024 x768 but compressed them also.

i think we could have done better had we have the original raw files.

if you have any more questions, please feel free ot ask, ok?

by the way, if you want, i can take a look at your wav files to see if they can be reduced in bytes-size.

enjoy!

by the way, please be careful with renaming your files. having a name such as "zeus.jpg.gif" may cause errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sauvage; 01-02-2003 at 12:09 PM.