A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please review my banner

*Banned by GMF

Please review my banner

Please review my banner and its link to http://www.anycities.com/user/adfunk
    Attached Images Attached Images

no offense, but i think your banner could be alot better, i went to your site and the main page was pretty cool, and your banner was just white text, do something 3d like your main page and make it appealing

Ya pretty cool man. I like the vertical idea. I agree about the white text, I don't know what you could do, but do something it just doesn't fit the quality of the rest of the banner. Hmm... I don't know what to offer for constructive critiscim but it looks good, but has a way to come, just I don't know what to offer to get you there. Experiment with some different things. It will turn out good in the end.

Grace,
    -babydutka
    .:: a jv webmaster ::.

you manky scots git!!! Flashlor's Avatar
    webdesigner "4" hire........to be honest, i wouldnt want a site designed by someone whos likely to abbreviate "for" into "4". seems really unproffesional. i also think your banner needs some more info, like the website adress and what services you offer. the background you have used is cool, but it needs more.

and another thing, the vertical thing is a nice bit of originality, but how many sites will give up horizontal space to incorporate a vertical banner? just a thought...
    Last edited by Flashlor; 01-05-2003 at 10:18 AM.
    We're all here to do what we're all here to do.

Good points Flashlor. Ya I second all that and just an idea on the services and things you offer you might want to put what you do on the banner but like 70% or 60% transparent to kinda give the faded look. But ya that is all good stuph about the "4" and "for" thing and you totally need some kind of address on there because if the link on banner doesn't work or the person sees it but doesn't want to click on it, at least they will know where to go and your URL will get out there and be seen.

Grace,
    -babydutka
    .:: a jv webmaster ::.

*Banned by GMF

the '4' thing

thought the four thing will take user aware of that banner and click on it ... its kinda unique and i like it ... thats why i'm changing for to 4 ... it is a matter of advertising

*Banned by GMF
    Originally posted by Flashlor
    webdesigner "4" hire........to be honest, i wouldnt want a site designed by someone whos likely to abbreviate "for" into "4". seems really unproffesional. i also think your banner needs some more info, like the website adress and what services you offer. the background you have used is cool, but it needs more.

and another thing, the vertical thing is a nice bit of originality, but how many sites will give up horizontal space to incorporate a vertical banner? just a thought...
    actually the skyscraper banner design is for this site >> http://www.skyscraperads.com/

i'm doing exchange on skyscraper banner and thought its good for high trffic and exposure

i think you're banner is fine... i looked at your site and one of the images is missing... i'd orginize a lot more... it seams to cluttered