A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is there any site or appz for simulating internet speed? Very important, please read.

Is there any site or appz for simulating internet speed? Very important, please read.

I have a common problem. Because I am sitting on broadband, I don’t have possibility to se how my productions are going to behave on for example 56K, ISDN or similar connection. Is there any application or site that can actually “squeeze” connection speed for those purposes?

Thank you!

Regards,
    Still FLASH

I don't know of any sites or apps. However, when you press ctrl+enter on you Flash movie you can use the "Bandwidth Profiler" to test various connection speeds. You can change the speeds from the "Debug" menu. Although Im not sure about MX but Flash 5 only throttled the speed of the main timeline, loaded swf's loaded at max speed.

Regards,
    Alan

Sounds interesting.

I will check this out.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Still FLASH

there are many sites available to check the speed. Here is a site where you can check your speed without Flash, Java or any other add ons. The site is ScanMySpeed.com which also has the same as a gadget for free download. I downloaded it in my PC and its damn cool. Give it a try.